User Avatar Image

Always been on Kenny's side - he stays behind ??

posted by TripleZero on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Ok, i dont get this.

Ive always been on kenny's side literally.

Helped kill larry, defended duck etc.

Still he refuses to come with me?

I helped him with duck been honest with him, still he says "you looked out for me in the beginning but recently i kept looking out for myself instead than me"

WTF

I checked all my episode stats, and i was always on his side...

79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kenny pretty much says this about Molly if you have a dialogue after saving him from the zombies in the 2nd act: "So? What has she done for me lately?"

That's Kenny. He only cares about what you've done to help him LATELY. That's his personality. But he also appreciates family and he tells you over and over how family is the most important thing, so that's how I won him over.

He's not really subtle about what it takes to get him on your side. Either agree with him all of the time or make emotional appeals to family.

• @Sanchiz said: You have to reason with him in Episode 4. He's an emotional wreck.

Thank you for this. I have a policy of not rewinding because I plan to do another playthrough once all five episodes have been released, where I make the opposite choices. But I rewinded for this. I want to keep Kenny for as long as possible because, even though I don't like him, that is the path I've chosen.

I just went back and I chose the family option and, lo and behold, Kenny accepts I've been there for Katja and Duck in the past. Which I have - I gave them food, talked to them, saved Duck on the tractor etc. I was pleased to see he remembered that.

• I helped Kenny the WHOLE time in my playthrough (I even agreed with him on moments I wasn't really agreeing).

If you done that & you show him the bite he'll tell you that he's your friend & he will be with you.

So saying he just uses you is false.

• @Brohan said: I helped Kenny the WHOLE time in my playthrough (I even agreed with him on moments I wasn't really agreeing).

If you done that & you show him the bite he'll tell you that he's your friend & he will be with you.

well yeah lol, i was staying neutral in the discussions between him and lily in ep 2 that was obviously a major offence that prevented any friendship...

• Ah whoops, just made a duplicate topic about this in my blind rage against Kennys words to me, my bad. Haha. But yes this is really offensive how he acted this way when I have been 100% Kenny through out the game. I even have a jacket.

• @Brohan said: I helped Kenny the WHOLE time in my playthrough (I even agreed with him on moments I wasn't really agreeing).

For me, I didn't even need to show him the bite...I replayed that last scene a couple times just to see if it was possible for him to NOT come with me, and no matter what he claims that I've always had his back and he'll stick with me. Even if I hide the bite and just say I'll go alone, he tells me there's no chance he'd leave me to go at it by myself.

I generally supported Duck and I killed Larry, but I got into more than one tiff with Kenny about his method of doing things...I most defnitely did not "always have his back." I guess my Kenny is just a lot more forgiving than your guys' :p

Sounds like your plot flags done goofed, OP.

• One of the choices that makes a difference is the choice after Lee gets bit and they're talking about who will go with Lee to save Clem. As he's telling you you're selfish and he doesn't wanna go with you, tell him Clementine is family and he'll go.

• This is who Kenny is. With his family gone he is only interested in himself. By mentioning "Family" in the dialogue, it just reminds him that he had a family once too, but he is already trying to forget it and move on. It is not out of character at all for Kenny.

• Yea Kenny came with me, saying "Lee you've had my back from the beginning, what kinda friend would i be if i didn't help you now, Bitten or not im with you till the end" Thats my boy!

• Yeah I got the same reaction from Kenny. He's one of my favorite characters. Been routing for him since the beginning. Sure he was a selfish dick since HIS ENTIRE FAMILY TRAGEDY thing right.

But you know he shouldn't be right. Cause you know it just happened the day prior and everything... Get over it bra. Am I right or am I right Kenny-haters?

Add Comment