User Avatar Image

SPOILERS: Did anyone have similar choices I made in episode 4?

posted by coolmack24 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

In Episode 4, which I just played, The main choices I made were

1. I killed the boy zombie in the attic.

2. I decided to kill Ben when he was in the bell tower, because Clementine was already outside and Ben was a real A-hole for being in the bandit group and leaving Clementine (and yes I know he said he was shaken and he just ran away, but still.)

3. I decided not to show the bite because I was afraid they were going to kick me out of the group because of that.

4. I took Kenny with me to find Clem because I wanted Omid taken care of by Christa.

Anybody have the same (or almost the same) choices as me?

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I killed the boy, not out of any sympathy for him (I didn't know anything about him besides the fact that he had a dog which he liked), but because I was worried that if I left him, Clem might wander up into the attic and get bitten by him. Plus, the noise might be annoying.

I was honest with Vernon because a) Characters in this game seem to know when they are being lied to and b) The other people in my party might have told him the truth, which would put me in a difficult situation

I brought Clem to Crawford because a) I didn't trust her to stay put, when I know she's been in contact with the radio guy and b) I couldn't take the chance that radio guy would snatch her while I was gone and c) She's proven her usefulness

I let Ben die by refusing to shoot the zombie who had grabbed him. He hasn't really done anything to endear me to him. He gave supplies to the bandits, and when he told me on the train I really wanted the option to kill him. Carley DIED because he didn't have the guts to reveal the truth. An innocent person was murdered not by him, but because of his actions. Everything he's done since then has endangered the group. He didn't raise a finger to help Clem, he didn't watch her when I asked him to and he took the axe out of the door at the school. First chance I got, I let him die, with relish.

I revealed the bite because I knew, the way Lee was standing, the others would check his arm anyway. Better to be honest - as I said before, people tend to know when you lie in this game. And there's no point concealing the bite anyway. I know what the consequences are. If they wanted to kill me then and there, fine, I'm sure I'd get to play episode 5 through someone else's eyes.

• Has anyone let Kenny die in the beginning of the game? Is that even an option? Or does he find a way to free himself without being bitten?

• Let me try and remember...

I gave Kenny the gun and had him shoot the kid.

I cheated and reloaded my file until I won the fight with Molly.

I told Vernon the truth.

I watched the third tape and confronted Molly about it, but sympathized with her.

I saved Ben. The whole scene I was going "Oh please let me save this kid I don't want him to die".

I showed the bite.

Initially I wanted to go alone, but Christa and Omid convinced me, and everyone tagged along without too much trouble.

• @coolmack24 said: In Episode 4, which I just played, The main choices I made were

2. I decided to kill Ben when he was in the bell tower, because Clementine was already outside and Ben was a real A-hole for being in the bandit group and leaving Clementine (and yes I know he said he was shaken and he just ran away, but still.)

3. I decided not to show the bite because I was afraid they were going to kick me out of the group because of that.

4. I took Kenny with me to find Clem because I wanted Omid taken care of by Christa.

Kenny left Shane. How is Ben leaving Clem any different?

Secondly, Omid is fine. He got the medicine he needed.

• 1. I killed the boy zombie.

2. It wasn't much of a decision for me to kill Ben; I didn't even want to shoot the zombie off of him when it grabbed him, but I figured I'd probably get killed somehow if I didn't. Seriously, he was an idiot (I found this hatchet wedged in between two door handles and brought it with me, DERP) who only thought about himself, and left Clementine to get eaten, especially. Screw that coward.

3. I showed the bite. I figured I'd be kicked out of the group for sure, but I wouldn't want anyone else hiding something like that from me.

4. I tried to get Christa and Omid to stay behind, because I figured it was my responsibility to find Clementine. Ha, they wouldn't take no for an answer. Kenny came along after I talked about how Clem was my family. I kinda wondered if he would, but I guess I sweetened him up enough.

• @coolmack24 said: In Episode 4, which I just played, The main choices I made were

Kinda, 1 &2 were the same.

3) Showed them the bite. I think if you get bit it's good to let others know so that if you decide to opt out they understand or know what they need to do in say a few hours. Just keep an eye on you is all.

4) Nope. Just Lee, Christa and Omid. Omid looks to be 100% better.

• I killed the little boyin the attic because I had Kenny kill his son in ep3, why make him do it again especially on a kid that looks like his son.

I brought Clem to crawford because she made a good point on if Omid didn't make it.

I picked up Ben because I can't kill my own group members, if they're going to die it's going to be out of my hands.

I lied to that guy to bring him to the house.

I showed the bite to everyone and managed to convince everyone to come (Christa, Omid, Kenny and Ben) even though my first choice was "i'll do this alone" they insisted on coming :)

PS: I actually told the guy to "let me think about it" when he offered to take clem to the shelter..

• I smacked the zombiekid with a wrench (less brutal than my boots and less noisy than shooting)

Told the truth to Vernon and co

I told Molly I know about her

I choose to not kick Ben out but later dropped him.

I showed the bite.

Add Comment