User Avatar Image

What do you think about Episode 4?

posted by Brohan on - last edited - Viewed by 358 users

It was pure awesome. There were so many twists in this game... like Omid getting back on his feet, people speculating he would have died in this episode because of his leg. :D

Christ... I just hope it will be the same twist in Episode 5 with Lee.

I also found out very original the zombie hanging by the bell. O.o

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • this episode was INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE!
    I was very happy when I saw Omid would be fine when he got up and spoke, I opened a smile!
    when Lee was bitten, I kicked my chair!
    I wanted Molly to stay in my group.
    and the hardest choice of all so far for me, Kill Ben or not?
    Yes, I savei this bastard! (Give thanks Ben, Carley died protecting you).

• I swear I'll kill the walkie-talkie guy in Episode 5... no matter what.

• The trailer was too misleading. I was expecting the episode to be so much darker than it actually was that it was disappointing in some respects but still a fun ride.

I just wish that the damned writers would have had a bit clearer narrative in mind and given some of the characters a bit more personality and development. That's what kills the series for me: characters that are introduced in one episode and die in the next (or the same episode) make sense on some level but just don't work in the realm of good storytelling at least in this amount of excess(although this may be a byproduct of having so many writers).

Works in the comic. Does not work in this format.

If you disregard the plot it is a fun journey.

Also the possibility of Lee dying is a shame because true character development could only occur if he survives to become the protagonist of season 2.

If they scrap the current cast and start over for the next season we will undoubtedly see the same issues crop up (such as the storytelling being all-over-the-place and trying to emphasize human drama while killing most of the interesting characters off as soon as they are introduced as well as long-standing party members resulting in a situation where you barely have any connection to any character other than the one you control).

• Not depressing at all but very very very great and fun.

Lee being bitten doesn't make me shocked because I always suspect it by looking at the episode 5 picture.

• @ReliusBlue

Not sure what the issues are with the character development. I think if you're expecting characters to grow indefinitely and have their entire arcs span over several seasons, then that's going to be unsatisfying. But if you want the characters' motivations and opportunities for growth, then there's plenty of that in the narrative. Even Lee has grown a lot with Clementine.

• @bazenji said: @ReliusBlue

Not sure what the issues are with the character development. I think if you're expecting characters to grow indefinitely and have their entire arcs span over several seasons, then that's going to be unsatisfying. But if you want the characters' motivations and opportunities for growth, then there's plenty of that in the narrative. Even Lee has grown a lot with Clementine.

I am sure he is talking about Mark and especially Chuck.

• This episode made me like Christa more. I'm glad Omid didn't die too! I also liked Molly. For some reason, she reminded me of Michonne in the tv show. I hope we see her again. Too bad Chuck didn't make it in the end with everyone else though.

• @reversingmemories said: Too bad Chuck didn't make it in the end with everyone else though.

Chuck didn't make it in the end?? What are you talking about? He died as fast as possible.

• I saw the walkthrough and the chapter is awesome.

So tell me, what happens If we don't save Kenny when the dead caught his leg?

• @Chanut_N said: Chuck didn't make it in the end?? What are you talking about? He died as fast as possible.

I'm saying that I wish Chuck could of been alive with everyone else at the end of the episode..... I know he died at the beginning lol.

Add Comment