User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Ep 4 RELEASE DATES ARE OUT! PSN NA October 9th, PC/Mac/Xbox 10th!

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 10.1K users

Because if I don't make this thread, someone else will. As of now, no prize, because I'm still finishing The Ripper's comic cover.

If-and only if- I finish it by the end of the first week of September, I'll offer what I did last time, one randomly chosen person from those who guess the correct date (I'll make multiple winners if console and PC are not released on the same day) will get a TWD cover of themselves (or a friend/family member)

iOS releases are on a different schedule, so that doesn't count as a win. Just Mac/PC-Xbox-PS3 guesses.

Happy guessing!

-Sorry I remade the thread, poll wasn't working properly.

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pff, this is getting crazy! I've been trying to download Episode 4 like 5 times now, and at 40% i get a connection lost error, and the game drops back to 10% when i restart it! It's getting late over here, so i'm trying again tomorrow!

• @John W. said: Is this out yet on Steam? I know that TTG store purchases haven't got it, but does anyone else?

On Steam I think it's out. Go get it!!

• User Avatar Image
    DPB

@John W. said: Is this out yet on Steam? I know that TTG store purchases haven't got it, but does anyone else?

According to posts on their forums it's been out all day.

• @ZacTB said: Telltale really have not done well with Episode 4's release though, you can't blame people for insults. But if it's against the rules, it's against the rules I guess :rolleyes:

Except they got this episode out within roughly a month, which is something virtually everyone complained about last time.

I seriously feel for TT sometimes. No matter what they do right, the focus is always on what doesn't go right.

On another note, I think the reason PC users are having problems downloading is because EVERYONE is trying to download it at the same time.

• Why do they continue to make me regret buying from them directly? Why even make it an option? I mean you'd think buying directly from a company would be less of a hassle(and cheaper) then going through a middle man(xbox/ps/steam), but for EVERY episode so far I've seen only DISADVANTAGE of buying from the TT site.

I guess I'll simply hope we're getting some last minute bug fixes or something and try to be optimistic, but who really knows due to a lack of communication.

• @lucidity02 said: Except they got this episode out within roughly a month, which is something virtually everyone complained about last time.

I seriously feel for TT sometimes. No matter what they do right, the focus is always on what doesn't go right.

On another note, I think the reason PC users are having problems downloading is because EVERYONE is trying to download it at the same time.

They promised monthly before the games released and they didn't deliver. And now peoples saves are glitched so they have to start all the wayf rom the beginning, achievements are messed up and some people can't even download the game. How can you feel sorry for Telltale? They need to get their act together for Episode 5 and Season 2.

Edit: It was more like a month and a half anyway.

• @ZacTB said: They promised monthly before the games released and they didn't deliver. And now peoples saves are glitched so they have to start all the wayf rom the beginning, achievements are messed up and some people can't even download the game. How can you feel sorry for Telltale? They need to get their act together for Episode 5 and Season 2.

Because what most people fail to realize is that software companies take TIME to squash bugs, perform QA testing and all that. A month, or even two, is likely nowhere near the amount of time bigger game companies have to perform quality assurance testing. If everyone wants their monthly releases sped along at the speed of light to minimize complaining, then they should expect bugs, especially considering how many possible permutations each individual episode has. People are being unrealistic by expecting a bug-free game in a month, and I doubt anyone on these forums could do much better, myself included.

@ZacTB said: Edit: It was more like a month and a half anyway.

I'm estimating, but it was approximately 35-40 days.

• @lucidity02 said: People are being unrealistic by expecting a bug-free game in a month, and I doubt anyone on these forums could do much better, myself included.

While this is true, you can say the same for TellTale.
    They were, bluntly said, idiots to think to bring this out monthly | idiots for promising this to make get more buyers.

Way to ruin it's reputation.

Edit: And before you write anything...
    They are company. It's not their first game. They HAVE designers, marketing guys, game testers - They have experience. They simply failed at a whole when designing the game at the get-go it seems...

• Lately I'm on the verge of exploding on videogames and just looking for the slightest excuse to punch something. America gets X-Com 4 days before me, so by the time I get it I'd have already heard completion stories eight times over. Even if I were to get it a day early, it uses Steamworks and Steam has a regional timelock. When Walking Dead episode 4 was announced for today I dropped to my knees and praised the gods of gaming - finally, FINALLY some luck, the perfect distraction from my X-Com wait.

But nope. As usual when TellTale said today, they meant when I already had one leg in bed. And as usual, the TellTale website which I purchased the season pass from is the last to receive the game. And now it keeps resetting the download. Haha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHA!11!!!!

• @DPB said: According to posts on their forums it's been out all day.

Really? Mine doesn't seem to have updated. I've been turning Steam off and on every hour or so and checking the game but there's nothing new there. :|

EDIT: Nevermind. This time when I started the game it told me that it needed to be transferred to a "new form of data," which it hasn't said once in the 3-4 hours I've been loading up the game. It seems to be downloading episode four now. Hurrah!

Add Comment