User Avatar Image

Did you drop him?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Did you drop Ben? Why or why not did you drop him?

I personally dropped him for multiple reasons.

1. He did give food to the bandits and forced us out of the camp.
2. Didn't fess up and got Carley/Doug killed
3. Because of this Duck got bit and caused Katjaa and Duck to both die.
4. Left Clem to die.
5. Let Clem leave the house when he should of been watching her!!!!
6. Clem gets back to house, you would think he would watch her right? "Uhh shes in the backyard playing" FUCKING REALLY?!
7. Took the hatchet from the door that was blocking the walkers.
8. Had to tell Kenny right than and there about everything. Time we could have used to all escape.

If it wasn't for the group he would have been walker food a loooong time ago. I was done with him when he let Clem get out of the house on her own to follow Lee. HE HAS ONE JOB! To watch a child. To make sure the child didn't get away. There was no way I was going to let him put anyone else in danger to save his skin. Dropped him. Save yourself this time idiot.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [QUOTE=Motordead;691959]Did you drop Ben? Why or why not did you drop him?

I personally dropped him for multiple reasons.

1. He did give food to the bandits and forced us out of the camp.
    2. Didn't fess up and got Carley/Doug killed
    3. Because of this Duck got bit and caused Katjaa and Duck to both die.
    4. Left Clem to die.
    5. Let Clem leave the house when he should of been watching her!!!!
    6. Clem gets back to house, you would think he would watch her right? "Uhh shes in the backyard playing" FUCKING REALLY?!
    7. Took the hatchet from the door that was blocking the walkers.
    8. Had to tell Kenny right than and there about everything. Time we could have used to all escape.

You make it seem like he was such a bad guy.

1. He gave food to the bandits in order to appease them. The bandits could have simply barged in and shot up the place.
    2. Would you have been able to fess up when some crazy broad is waving a gun in your face? I didn't think so.
    3. If you really want to dissect it, it was Lee's fault for picking up Ben in the first place.
    4. Kenny did the same thing with Shane.
    5. If he didn't, who knows how the confrontation with Molly would have ended, which means, no assistance, no battery, ad who knows who would have died without her. So allowing her to leave, inevitably, saved *your* life.
    6. Did you notice the gate there? And the high fence? He knew Clem was an intelligent kid and wouldn't be taken by surprise. Besides, um... she found the boat?
    7. He was only trying to help.
    8. I see nothing wrong with that. Who knows? It could have given Kenny the angry adrenaline he needed to bust the door open. Besides, um.. Not sure about you, but sometimes when I see an opportunity to say something I've bottled up for quite some time, I kinda have to take it? It's human nature dude.

For the record, I didn't drop him, nor did I even entertain the thought. He seemed sincere in his remorse. Which I love to see you overlook.

• Oh how I hate Ben, I really really don't like him.
    But I'm just not that kind of guy. No matter how much I don't like someone, I won't let them get killed if I can save them. Especially not in the friggin Zombie Apocalypse, we have to hold on the little humanity that's left or we might as well become the St.John Brothers.

• Of course, he's young and stupid, but i just couldn't drop him. Yep, he's constant nuisance and threat to the group, but yara-yara he's a human. If there's a chance of saving him, i'll be trying it futher more.
    Maby he became someone capable of something in the future.

P.S. On my 2nd playthrough i'll make him "fly". But ma 1st one is for ma personal choices.

P.P.S. 8. – if not now, than when? :-P

• @Digestif said: Oh how I hate Ben, I really really don't like him.
    But I'm just not that kind of guy. No matter how much I don't like someone, I won't let them get killed if I can save them. Especially not in the friggin Zombie Apocalypse, we have to hold on the little humanity that's left or we might as well become the St.John Brothers.

They weren't 100% evil. They would have allowed them to leave, and What's his name would have died anyway.

• Ben wasn't a terrible kid, he's young and stupid. He fessed up about the supplies, getting Kat and Duck killed, putting everyone in danger, and he genuinely felt like SHIT about it. Dropping him was horrific, and he certainly didn't deserve to die like that. He admitted he was wrong, and was willing to die for everyone else in the group. At the end (or what he thought was the end, depening on what you did) he put the entire group ahead of himself. That's starting down the path of redemption, and if Lee can be redeemed for murdering a senator in a fit of rage, why can't Ben for doing what he thought was right?

• Anyways, I let him live.

Guys, honestly. Ben is trying to do what's best, but he still is an idiot, sure. But, look. Ben is just a teenager. Ben only begged because his guilt was eating him, and Kenny hated his guts. As someone above me said how he was willing to die for his mistakes, it takes a real man to do something like that.

Even after you save him, he says he wants to make it up to you, if you take him with you to save Clementine.

• It was an easy decision to drop him. Clementine has more courage and intelligence then Ben ever will, and she is quite a bit younger than him.

• @emcee_98 said: It was an easy decision to drop him. Clementine has more courage and intelligence then Ben ever will, and she is quite a bit younger than him.

Then Ben *ever* will?

Ummmmm... Sorry. Wrong. Where I come from, here on Earth, it takes courage to face your death without begging for your life. It takes MUCH courage to tell someone to abandon you when you can already nearly feel your guts getting torn out while you're still alive.

Please rethink that statement and try again.

• I hate him but I saved him, lol. But if it were yesterday when Carley die because of him, I would be still mad and I would have drop him.

BTW, I don´t know why later Kenny didn´t wanted to help me, maybe last choice save problems?

• I kinda really wanted to drop him because he was a complete A*S in this episode! But my gut wouldn't let me. He is definitely on my list to get rid of for sure next time though...and Kenny.

Add Comment