User Avatar Image

People are huge hypocrites!!!

posted by firedog122 on - last edited - Viewed by 396 users

When episode three came, everybody was complaining on how they hated ben and wanted him to die. They failed to realize he was trying to help the group. Episode four comes along and ben tries to sacrifice his life. 78% of people saved him instead.
During the first two episodes, people were complaining how duck was a burden to the group. Episode three comes and everybody is depressed because duck died.
Why do people act this way?????? :confused:

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just finished the episode and my biggest regret is dropping Ben. In my mind I was doing the right thing since he insisted to be dropped and we had to leave someone anyway. Little did I know Kenny was going to screw me over with Clem and Molly would leave, terrible choice on my behalf...

• @Greekcian said: I just finished the episode and my biggest regret is dropping Ben. In my mind I was doing the right thing since he insisted to be dropped and we had to leave someone anyway. Little did I know Kenny was going to screw me over with Clem and Molly would leave, terrible choice on my behalf...

Honestly, I was going to drop him, but then I heard Clem saying, "We don't leave friends behind. :mad:" and I pulled him up.

• On the contrary, I never hated either of them. Duck was annoying, sure, but I never wanted the kid dead.

I've always liked Ben. He's a coward sometimes, but he means well, and I'm not about to let him die because of past mistakes. Killing him isn't going to bring Duck and Katjaa back.

• @Red Panda said: I just can't let someone needlessly die, even if he is an idiot. If you kill Ben you become Ben b/c then you have blood on your hands. Killing an enemy isn't the same as killing an idiot that's on your side.

There comes a point at which Ben becomes such a huge liability that having him around at all is a detriment to the group AKA the hatchet incident. He may mean well, but he is an idiot and hurts the group badly.

• @skepticalguy90 said: There comes a point at which Ben becomes such a huge liability that having him around at all is a detriment to the group AKA the hatchet incident. He may mean well, but he is an idiot and hurts the group badly.

Exactly. His stupidity could've gotten EVERYONE killed, and his cowardice put Clem at risk on several occasions, especially in the street.

• @Kiel555 said: Easy now. I never said I didn't like Duck and Ben is at the bottom of the bell tower receiving a traitor's reward.

Define 'Traitor'.

Noun:
    A person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.

I'd like to add on that by Betrayal, they mean for purely malicious reasons. Ben probably saved their LIVES by making deals with bandits in exchange for keeping them safe. Otherwise, well, let's just say, there probably wouldn't have been an Episode 3, or 4, or 5. At least not with the same cast, cause they'd be, kinda, you know, like.. Dead?

• Just because you don't like someone it does not mean you want them to die.

• I didn´t want to kill him like that, It´s a fast decision and I choose to save him, but I still hate him for the death of Doug / Carley specially, and all his faults.

BTW, when you don´t like somebody you kill him? Wow.

• Exactly. And I know plenty of people in person who are just as stupid, if not even moreso then Ben, but I don't necessarily push them into traffic or off of ledges, or feed them to hungry zombies waiting to rip me apart.

• @skepticalguy90 said: There comes a point at which Ben becomes such a huge liability that having him around at all is a detriment to the group AKA the hatchet incident. He may mean well, but he is an idiot and hurts the group badly.

Pretty much how I see it; I may not like myself for it, but at the end of the day, if one guy is repeatedly putting the entire group at risk, it might be time to send that guy packing.

As the old saying goes, a chain's only as strong as its weakest link, and Ben's proven to be a pretty damn weak link.

Add Comment