User Avatar Image

Episode 4 - Glitch with my saves (X360).

posted by B-S on - last edited - Viewed by 967 users

Hi, first of all sorry in advance for my english :o

I just buy the episode 4 on Xbox 360, I have 3 save files (1st is my main gameplay, 2nd is a run where I play with only bad decisions and 3 is my "perfect" run). The game load the most recent save (save #2) even if I select the other ones...if I load save #1 or #3 I see stats and choices I've made in save #2 :/ I want to play the episode with my save #1 first but the game won't let me do it :(

Please fix this ASAP.

*edit*
Official anwser :
@MattP said: I apologize for the late reply to this thread.

We are aware of the Xbox only issue where no matter which save slot is selected, only 1 will load. We do know that this issue only occurs when Episode 4 is installed, and appears to occur when the last played save file has a completed Episode 3 save. Removing Episode 4 will allow other slots to be accessed, and it's possible that completing (or re-completing) Episode 3 on another slot will allow that slot to be accessed once Episode 4 is installed. We are actively trying to track down the cause of this issue, and once we do, we will offer a fix.

What you have to do step by step if you want to use a specific save when starting episode 4 :
1) Make a backup of your game save (just to be sure).
2) Delete episode 4.
3) Now you need to finish ep3 again, just select the save you want for ep4 and press A to continue, you'll have a few dialogues and the credits, it's really quick.
4) When you're back to the menu you can download episode 4 again and this time it will load the good save.
It works for me, I can finally load my save #1 ! But I guess if you want to use another save slot later you'll have to redone this until the patch is coming.

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nope, didn't fix it. My choices are all screwed up now. I'll literally have to start from the beginning.

• Weird. The game saves are the same, even though they're in different slots. I restarted one, and when I went back to the other, to double check if maybe it was just ep3 that I need to redo, it showed that I had to start over at ep1 as well. The issue has to be with multiple saves.

• I'm also having this probem after downloading episode 4 on the xbox 360. I hope Telltale looks into it.

• @B-S said: Hi, first of all sorry in advance for my english :o

I just buy the episode 4 on Xbox 360, I have 3 save files (1st is my main gameplay, 2nd is a run where I play with only bad decisions and 3 is my "perfect" run). The game load the most recent save (save #2) even if I select the other ones...if I load save #1 or #3 I see stats and choices I've made in save #2 :/ I want to play the episode with my save #1 first but the game won't let me do it :(

Please fix this ASAP.

I just had the same problem, so in my nerd rage i deleted my save games and started over. only now in ep. 1 when im sitting in the back of the cop car i cant select to look at the rear view mirror. the y icon pops up but the game wont register that im hitting it. this is pathetic, i had no problem with telltale till this day. i was emotionally invested in this series, i even didn't care that we had a long wait period in between episodes. but this is absolute B.S and what makes me even more furious is that I can't find one damn reply from telltale about this in any of the forums.

• They need to address this and figure out a way to make our games whole again. I want to play episode 4, not 1 through 3 again.

I don't see why (once its fixed) they wouldn't be able to restore our saves if we remember our key choices.

• Also, starting over doesn't help as the game is still randomly changing choices from chapters I just finished.

• I had one save going and the moment I hit Play on Episode 4, it started all over from Episode 1...

[Edited]

It looks like it just starts back to Episode 1, but all my decisions from the other episodes were still there. (Highlight them and hit Y - I made some unpopular choices, so I know they weren't randomized)

I just went back into the game and chose Episode 4. The recap was accurate.

• I got one on steam, my saves vanished and I was forced to replay from EP1 all the way up to Ep4, needless to say the anticipation was killing me, but it was a good pastime

• Here is how I got it working on Xbox:

- I took a backup of my saves just in case
    - I had three saves - two identical saves for completing EP3 (took a backup copy back then), and one for EP1 where I tried different decisions. I deleted the EP1 save, then selected one of the EP3 saves and allowed it to randomize my decisions.
    - Quit and saved the game, then selected the EP3 save I did not touch, and saw that it remembered my decisions. It still asked me to randomize the skipped episodes, but it didn't affect in any way, everything was the way I played the game.

• @Manksu said: Here is how I got it working on Xbox:

- I took a backup of my saves just in case
    - I had three saves - two identical saves for completing EP3 (took a backup copy back then), and one for EP1 where I tried different decisions. I deleted the EP1 save, then selected one of the EP3 saves and allowed it to randomize my decisions.
    - Quit and saved the game, then selected the EP3 save I did not touch, and saw that it remembered my decisions. It still asked me to randomize the skipped episodes, but it didn't affect in any way, everything was the way I played the game.

Its nice that you found a fix but most wont wanna go through that. telltale need to respond in some way with something.

Add Comment