User Avatar Image

Did you drop him?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Did you drop Ben? Why or why not did you drop him?

I personally dropped him for multiple reasons.

1. He did give food to the bandits and forced us out of the camp.
2. Didn't fess up and got Carley/Doug killed
3. Because of this Duck got bit and caused Katjaa and Duck to both die.
4. Left Clem to die.
5. Let Clem leave the house when he should of been watching her!!!!
6. Clem gets back to house, you would think he would watch her right? "Uhh shes in the backyard playing" FUCKING REALLY?!
7. Took the hatchet from the door that was blocking the walkers.
8. Had to tell Kenny right than and there about everything. Time we could have used to all escape.

If it wasn't for the group he would have been walker food a loooong time ago. I was done with him when he let Clem get out of the house on her own to follow Lee. HE HAS ONE JOB! To watch a child. To make sure the child didn't get away. There was no way I was going to let him put anyone else in danger to save his skin. Dropped him. Save yourself this time idiot.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @NikolajDeluke said: Then Ben *ever* will?

Ummmmm... Sorry. Wrong. Where I come from, here on Earth, it takes courage to face your death without begging for your life. It takes MUCH courage to tell someone to abandon you when you can already nearly feel your guts getting torn out while you're still alive.

Please rethink that statement and try again.

Nope. And I don't respond to people who TELL me what to do, thanks. My opinion. I wouldn't call what he was asking for courageous, either. It was a way out.

• @emcee_98 said: Nope. And I don't respond to people who TELL me what to do, thanks. My opinion. I wouldn't call what he was asking for courageous, either. It was a way out.

And I don't respond to sarcasm. Deal.

Anyway, if it were a 'Way out', he wouldn't have clutched Lee's hand. He would have struggled all the more if he truly wanted to die.

• I saved Ben. Sure, he caused a lot of stupid choices, especially when he lets Clem to almost die, I would have killed him. But during the choice to drop him, he was TRULY guilty about everything and he was ready to die for his mistakes. That, really, takes a man to do it.And when Lee is bitten, he decided to help me to get Clementine, he's ready to reedem himself by saving her. Hopefully he actually reedems himself in Ep 5.

• @NikolajDeluke said: And I don't respond to sarcasm. Deal.

Anyway, if it were a 'Way out', he wouldn't have clutched Lee's hand. He would have struggled all the more if he truly wanted to die.

Cool. We are in agreement.

In my opinion, he wanted to die for the mistakes he made. I think he realized how much he had screwed up.

When I made the decision to drop him, the biggest reason was for all the times he had put Clem in danger, especially on the street.

• Even still, I don't think Ben will survive Episode 5, but I do think he'll make some heroic sacrifice. I just hope it won't be to protect the boat, cause I had to leave him behind.

• @NikolajDeluke said: Even still, I don't think Ben will survive Episode 5, but I do think he'll make some heroic sacrifice. I just hope it won't be to protect the boat, cause I had to leave him behind.

I'd imagine he probably will, which I hope is really cool. In my storyline, I just couldn't bring myself to save the guy. He'd broken the camel's back with about 50 straws already.

• Nice poll. It's not like we can see what people did at the end of the episode.

• Dropped him. I already disliked Ben in EP2 and considered him dead weight in EP3, but after all the shit he did in this one, I can't help but find any and all possible sympathy towards Ben misguided.

I mean, fuck, name one thing Ben DIDN'T screw up completely in EP4. Every time you put trust in Ben, you get let down. And no, being a hero in his possibly last moments, offering to sacrifice himself to save the group does NOT make him any better. Forgive and forget, fair enough, but you got to draw the line somewhere... and if you think his sacrifice overrules the fact he got four or possibly five of your people killed (not sure whether to blame Chuck's death on Ben too, though I'm definitely inclined to do so), I say you're drawing the line too far.

• Ben is a Major Fuck Up, but I can't let the kid die. He at least has the guts to admit his fault in things just wish he would do it at the right freaking time.

• I didn´t drop him for that simple reason that he is just a kid and he is doing the best he can in a crapped out situation.

People seem to forget he is just a 14-16year old kid and how many kids wouldn´t have been the exact same if they were in his shoes.

Add Comment