User Avatar Image

Says my account doesn't own The Walking Dead game, again.

posted by Spacewolf on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

This has happened every time a new episode has come out. I bought the season pass and every time there's a new episode, the game tells me my account doesn't own it and prompts me to go buy it.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem.

The opening screen loads up, says Click to Continue. I click, and it reloads the main screen, then gives me a message that says my account doesn't have a license for this game (which was purchased through the Telltale site), and asks if I want to go to Telltale and buy the game for a second time. Regardless of what I choose, yes or no, it reloads the main screen, and the Click to Continue button becomes unclickable, forcing me to Alt+F4.

This happened when the last episode came out, and I *assume* it will be fixed soon. But it shouldn't even be happening in the first place. It's pretty irritating that it's this hard to keep track of who actually owns the game.

*** Following up on this, I tried to get into the game again after posting, and miraculously it worked. Lets see how long it lasts.

• Exactly my problem. Why didn't I just get it on steam.

• also having the same problem

• And all my forums are buzzing about this being the "best episode evar", help me Telltale! You're my only hope.

• It worked once and then I made the mistake of exiting the game. Now I'm getting the same error.

I hope I will be able to play the game I own at some point this week.

• @Caidoz said: It worked once and then I made the mistake of exiting the game. Now I'm getting the same error.

I hope I will be able to play the game I own at some point this week.

Unfortunatley, you never really own a game that calls home as much as this one does. DRM just gives the illusion of ownership as long as the servers are working properly.

• I can get in now but it says coming soon for episode 4.

• I can get into the game now, and Episode 4 is there to download, but when I click Get it tells me I've lost my connection and to try again when I'm connected to the internet.

• I am also experiencing the same issue. I have the Season Pre-Order and it states that I don't own the game. I can access the telltale store and see that I have indeed purchased the game. I have even tried to re-install the game and still receive the same issue.

I truly regret buying directly from Telltale as I have had nothing but problems.

• same here. says i don't have a license and would work once i exited and started up again, but now does it every time. bad service for people who prepaid for this.

Add Comment