User Avatar Image

Episode 5 Predictions

posted by The Lurking Z on - last edited - Viewed by 605 users

Im so depressed right now! About Lee getting bitten and all :'( Anyway! What do you think will happen in episode 5 of the walking dead? Will we meet the mystery guy on the walki and get Clementine back? Will Lee find a cure for his bite? What do you think?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think the walkie-talkie guy will be the revealed as the former mayor/dictator/whatever of Crawford; we learned his name and face, but nothing much else about him, and that makes him a huge Chekov's gun.

• There isn't a cure but TellTale better allow us to amputate that shit because I WANT LEE FOR SEASON 2!!

• Copy-pasted from my Steam discussion.

I'm pretty conflicted about Lee getting bitten. It was such a painfully insignificant way for him to be infected/killed and I hate the idea of Clementine being with someone else. When Vernon suggested that he take Clementine I took the option to think about it, but I was hoping that it waouldn't even be an option. Through the entire game I've had Lee be very understaning and protective of Clem, and the (now inevitable) breakdown of that relationship makes me feel sad for both of them. *My* Clem is quite attached to Lee and thought of her losing him is heartbreaking :(.

Clem's the good in this story; she's the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, she's been for a large part - for myself at least - the entire reason that Lee (the convicted murderer) is fighting for life after losing his family. Of course it'd be pretty tasteless of telltale to kill Clem and I really can't see them doing it. If Lee is to die and for this story to wrapped up in the fifth episode, I think Clem needs to be reunited with her parents. The idea of her being left with some of the more disposable characters just isn't a satisfying ending - and I should add that I mean satisfying as opposed to happy.

I just really hope that it's not Clem that has to put Lee down in the end. I think it should be Kenny who steps up and finishes him off. It'd be the least abrasive ending, at least.

• Actually, Molly is also an optional character. She can die when the walkers grab her at Crawford. I'd imagine that many characters will die in 5. Lee (obviously) and hopefully Kenny. He's got nothing left. I'd gladly let Christa and Omid take care of Clem when I'm gone. They're good people.

• @NikolajDeluke said: Doesn't the infection attack your blood stream as well as your brain? If so.. I don't really think amputation would actually work..

It's actually been done in the comics before so it isn't impossible.

• sorry to burst your bubble but lilly is in woodbury in the comics so i don't think we will see her

• @Digestif said: As I already stated in several other threads here:

1. No one of the group that comes with you will play a major role in Ep5. TTG hates optional characters because they mean more work. They'll all lose each other pretty fast like "Oh I'ma check this part of town and you guys go there, we meet up here for 5'o clock tea, k?" Maybe some show up at the very end but for the vast part of the game they won't be there.

2. In the end it will be Lee, radio guy, Clem, Molly and maybe Vernon as well

3. The whole point of Molly getting out of the house before Lee was bitten to not make her optional for the "Search Clem Squad". She will be there. Same could go for Vernon and his group.

4. Lee gets too chose who should take care of Clem. Like Molly,KENNY, Vernon or Christa/Omid.

5. Lee gets too chose who shoud do him, either Molly, KENNY, Clem or he himself etc.

you forgot one!

• If I had to choose, I'd want Kenny to end it for me. We've had each other's backs since Episode 1, and after everything that's happened with us, I'd feel like he was the only one who deserved to be the one to end me. It'd be too painful for me to have Clem do it, and I haven't developed a strong enough bond with Christa or Omid to let them take my life. They've been with us for about 2 days, Kenny's had my back for about 3 and a half months.

• I'm definitely thinking that when we turn, we will start to shuffle toward Clem, and she'll have to be the one to put us down.

• @SINNUR said: Copy-pasted from my Steam discussion.

I'm pretty conflicted about Lee getting bitten. It was such a painfully insignificant way for him to be infected/killed and I hate the idea of Clementine being with someone else. When Vernon suggested that he take Clementine I took the option to think about it, but I was hoping that it waouldn't even be an option. Through the entire game I've had Lee be very understaning and protective of Clem, and the (now inevitable) breakdown of that relationship makes me feel sad for both of them. *My* Clem is quite attached to Lee and thought of her losing him is heartbreaking :(.

Clem's the good in this story; she's the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, she's been for a large part - for myself at least - the entire reason that Lee (the convicted murderer) is fighting for life after losing his family. Of course it'd be pretty tasteless of telltale to kill Clem and I really can't see them doing it. If Lee is to die and for this story to wrapped up in the fifth episode, I think Clem needs to be reunited with her parents. The idea of her being left with some of the more disposable characters just isn't a satisfying ending - and I should add that I mean satisfying as opposed to happy.

I just really hope that it's not Clem that has to put Lee down in the end. I think it should be Kenny who steps up and finishes him off. It'd be the least abrasive ending, at least.

I feel the same way, and dammit, I saw it coming when I saw the barrier, especially after the stealth Walker in the return trip to the Motor Pool area. It's like "come on, I know one's hiding back there". It's especially underwhelming after Lee just had his crowning moment of awesome in the Bell Tower; people tend to be more aware of their surroundings after events like that (nevermind everything else going on), not less. Struck me as horribly contrived, all things considered - it'd be like nearly getting hit by a semi while crossing the street and then not looking both ways at the next crosswalk. :p

Fortunately, my plan has always been to assume the worst is going to happen; it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out Clem got infected while being a guest of the Walkie-talkie dude and the big decision is to stay together as Walkers or have the group put you both down. If you assume the worst, you won't be disappointed.

Add Comment