User Avatar Image

Why all the hate from Kenny?

posted by razycay on - last edited - Viewed by 822 users

Does not helping Kenny when it comes taking care of Larry make him pretty much hate you for the best part of episode 3? Just asking because I haven't gone against him at all other than trying to stay neutral at the beginning of ep 2 which seemed to count as siding with Lilly and I didn't help with Larry in the meat locker. Like I saved duck, stood up to Larry, fed duck both times, let the woman get eaten as a distraction, consoled him over Shawn but he talks to me like shit for most of ep 3 and in the scene where you have to get him to stop the train he says you're not my friend you've never done a damn thing for me or something like that but I've done loads for him lol and I read a comment on YouTube where someone did the same as me but Kenny says something like you didn't do the right thing when it came to Larry but I still appreciate all the help you've given my me and my family. So just wanted to know if helping Lilly in the meat locker makes Kenny forget everything you've done for him? Ha is the comment I read a load of bs? Was it the same for you guys or did he still remember the stuff you did to help him? Awesome game though!

Thanks!

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lol. Totally random, but a friend of mine thinks that Lee and Kenny should become gay lovers, LOL. Because if I read correctly, Gavin Hammon is gay. That is, if there aren't two Gavin's.

• Kenny is an asshole. He wanted you to drop Ben to his death.

Just because I don't agree with Kenny 100% he sometimes will choose not to assist you when you really need it.

I hate Ben and think a lot of his decisions put my group at risk, but that is not enough motive to just feed him to the zombies. He still deserves better than that. I want him to die because he fails himself, not because I just decided to kill him.

• Yeah, Molly WAS going to let both of us die horribly in the alley. The only reason she saved us was because of Clem, and even then she didn't give two shits about Lee or Kenny. It was all for Clem.

• Well in Molly's defense Kenny and Lee did just try to jump her.

My Lee actually won the fight.

So yeah would you save the guys who just tried to Jump you?

It's lucky for everyone that Clementine came.

• Lucky for "everyone" and lucky for "everyone who's not Molly" are two different things.

• @Rock114 said: Lucky for "everyone" and lucky for "everyone who's not Molly" are two different things.

That's true but Molly did come out with a picture at least.

• I hate him because he didn't help me back at the barn with one of the brothers in episode 2 and many more others when walkers were on me. In episode 5, I didn't even shoot the walker that grabbed him haha.

• @ashesandwine said: I hate him because he didn't help me back at the barn with one of the brothers in episode 2 and many more others when walkers were on me. In episode 5, I didn't even shoot the walker that grabbed him haha.

Episode 5 isn't even out.

• In episode 4 he's still pretty pissy no matter what and you won't get any messages that say "Kenny appreciates your sympathy" even if you're best friends with him. He doesn't get more selfless either, even though his family is gone. Although he still has his fondness of Clementine like everyone in the group.

• Originally I let go of Ben and told Kenny "I need him..." when trying to gather a party to go look for Clem. He gave me the whole spiel about how I haven't been there for him at times and stayed with the boat even when I've sided with him over 98% of the time throughout the entire game. I ended up going with Omid and Christa (or whatever her name is).

I decided to play the last two chapters of episode 4 over and saved Ben instead, which should have (and did) piss Kenny off even more. However, during the confrontation about the bite/Clem, I decided to say "Clementine is my family..." and after Kenny gave his whole spiel again he sympathized with me and decided to come instead. He did, however, have a gripe when I asked Ben to come but I told him to deal with it and reminded Ben of how Clem stood up for him, so the kid decided to come along as well. In the end, I got the whole team to come with me when I went back.

I believe that it really comes down to your final choice of words to Kenny during that last conversation. Unless, I suspect, you've been a dick to Kenny throughout the episodes, but who knows.

I do, however, wonder what might happen to the boat now that I left no one to guard it.

Add Comment