User Avatar Image

Did you drop him?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Did you drop Ben? Why or why not did you drop him?

I personally dropped him for multiple reasons.

1. He did give food to the bandits and forced us out of the camp.
2. Didn't fess up and got Carley/Doug killed
3. Because of this Duck got bit and caused Katjaa and Duck to both die.
4. Left Clem to die.
5. Let Clem leave the house when he should of been watching her!!!!
6. Clem gets back to house, you would think he would watch her right? "Uhh shes in the backyard playing" FUCKING REALLY?!
7. Took the hatchet from the door that was blocking the walkers.
8. Had to tell Kenny right than and there about everything. Time we could have used to all escape.

If it wasn't for the group he would have been walker food a loooong time ago. I was done with him when he let Clem get out of the house on her own to follow Lee. HE HAS ONE JOB! To watch a child. To make sure the child didn't get away. There was no way I was going to let him put anyone else in danger to save his skin. Dropped him. Save yourself this time idiot.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sir Fruitcakes said: Every single one of your 'reasons' are accidents. you kill people for accidents? what kind of vindictive person are you?

Besides, if you were listening he wanted you to drop him and save everyone else, so that last bit of text is just pointless and incorrect.

In all seriousness, thanks for giving him what he wanted, but I wasn't going to let another person die for any of those stupid reasons.

Making mistakes like his in the real world are all fine and good, but he needs to use his brain in a world like this. Stupid mistake can get you, and everyone else, killed. He has had an influence in many deaths in the game so far, and that is unforgivable.

And as for my last bit of text, he didn't really want to die. Just like he said "Just let me out of the car, ill go" in episode 3. He's acting like a boy. He never really wanted to go, he even admitted he wouldn't know what to do, the group is the only thing keeping him alive. By him saying "Just let me go!" is him being stupid trying to use reverse psychology. That is how I saw it anyway. Even if you save him everyone gets away, so him sacrificing himself goes in vain anyway- so its not so noble is it? It all comes down if he should pay for his crimes or not.

Like Chuck said in episode 3. "You gotta consider her a living person. That's it. You're either living or you're not. You ain't little, you ain't a girl, you ain't a boy, you ain't strong or smart. You're alive."

Ben is a boy.

• I pulled him up. I'm no hitman for Kenny, nor an angel of mercy for Ben. Do your own dirty-work, Kenny. You want to die, Ben? Do it yourself.

Plus I figured if he doesn't want to live and I save his live, I own him from that point on. His soul is mine. XD

• I saw a lot of talk and not a lot of action. "EH DOODE I GOTTA KILL BEN MAN FIRST CHANCE I GET!11!!1!"

Episode 4 is released.

"DOODE BEN! I GOT YOUR BACK MAN!"

• @jangjangchang said: I saw a lot of talk and not a lot of action. "EH DOODE I GOTTA KILL BEN MAN FIRST CHANCE I GET!11!!1!"

Episode 4 is released.

I'm kinda glad it turned out that way.

I was fighting for Ben, While I found him to be clumsy stupid and a coward
    I couldn't just let him die and I never truly hated him. I knew he was just a kid trying to do what he thought was best.

• @jangjangchang said: I saw a lot of talk and not a lot of action. "EH DOODE I GOTTA KILL BEN MAN FIRST CHANCE I GET!11!!1!"

Episode 4 is released.

Same as Larry and Duck. lol

People killed Duck but cried afterwards.

• @Acadias said: I'm kinda glad it turned out that way.

I couldn't just let him die and I never truly hated him. I knew he was just a kid trying to do what he thought was best.

Exactly. I also found myself defending Ben everytime people started going at him. It was so awesome at the end when I picked "It's up to you" in response to whether or not he should come with me, and he said he would help :D...

• Even though he killed Duck , Kat , Carley and even Chuck I couldn't drop him. I told Clem noone would die so I just kept him around.

• @Freeze said: Even though he killed Duck , Kat , Carley and even Chuck I couldn't drop him. I told Clem noone would die so I just kept him around.

I think if I took Clem I may of saved him tbh. I can't do bad things in front of my girl.

• Pulled him up because I wasnt about to let him die because he made some stupid mistakes. He's having a hard time dealing with the world as it is now but if I showed him some trust, maybe he would start to step up and be an asset and in the end, he was eager to help me for Clem and Lee's sake. Letting him die felt too much like taking advantage of a guilt-ridden kid to get revenge.

• @Acadias said: I'm kinda glad it turned out that way.

^^
    This is how I felt. I know he has screwed up but I still couldn't kill him.
    You know what? I was really surprised when I saw the choices the other players made at the end of the episode... A majority of them I think 75% saved him also I was surprised by how many revealed the bite. * I did and thought I would be one of the few doing that.*

Add Comment