User Avatar Image

How to NOT bring Omid and Christa with you

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

So how do you get them to not insist on coming with you? I've heard if you hide the bite then they won't, but doesn't sound like it's the only choice that matters, but I can't really think of another time that would help or not help them supporting you. I guess right at the start you can agree that Omid needs a rest, and later on that you need to make sure Omid gets his meds, but none of those seem like major choices.

Anyway what I'm looking for is what choices/dialogue options did the people who didn't have them insist on joining you make?

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Actually, at the start I said we had to keep moving and didn't even ask about his medicine. I actually forgot he existed completely until we returned to the house. I showed everyone the bite, and he and Christa decided to come with me even though at first I said I had to go on alone.

• I played through the last part multiple times to see differences. I hid the bite in a couple of them, but no matter what I did, Omid and Christa always insisted on coming. I tried just about every combination of decisions in that last scene I could think of and they always wanted to tag along.

• If you show the bite they are in almost no matter what. If you hide the bite there are a few other factors.

• @Jake said: If you show the bite they are in almost no matter what. If you hide the bite there are a few other factors.

Thanks for the tip but what other factors? Would I have to be completely anti-Omid to go without them? Cause I don't think I can do that.. Omid's to awesome..

• Stuff you did in Ep3 might influence them - they refused in my second playthrough, where I'd consistently chosen the least reassuring option when Christa asks about how I'm taking care of Clem and hauled Christa onto the train instead of Omid. I also told Christa I didn't want to worry her when she asked about the radio, and she seemed really put out by that.

• Maybe pushing Omid also helps them stay behind?

• If so, it's not the only factor. I pushed him and they still were dead-set on joining me in the end.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: If so, it's not the only factor. I pushed him and they still were dead-set on joining me in the end.

Did you hide the bite? If you show it, they'll pretty much come with you no matter what.

• I thought it was kind of odd how these two seemed to willing to help, actually. Christa told me that she and Omid survived by staying alone. They came with us, originally, because trains are fast. Then they needed to stay with me for Omid's leg, which I was a bit responsible for. They seem to want to come on the boat as well but this helpfulness seems odd.

Why does this pair, that told me they like to stay alone, seem to want to stick by me to the point of risking their lives to help out? They don't even trust us enough to tell us that Christa is pregnant yet they are going to put their lives on the line? What makes my group so much more worthwhile then their previous experiences? Makes no sense to me.

In the end though. I really wish Kat and Carley had stayed alive and these two had never shown up. People say, the Carley/Doug thing had to be put down but Omid has such a small role that we could have easily put Carley/Doug into it and if a pregnant woman angle is so darn important, just make Kat pregnant. Voila. This episode really shows how totally needless their deaths were.

I hate episode 3. >.

• Assuming they don't know you're bit... I think if you save Christa on the train but leave Omid behind, she will be less inclined to go with you, which convinces Omid. If Clementine goes to Crawford with you, she's not there to save Omid's life which changes his opinion and therefore Christa's. I don't know if other factors are in play, too, but those are two I'm aware of.

Add Comment