User Avatar Image

How was Clementine taken?

posted by Cougarcat on - last edited - Viewed by 544 users

I'm still trying to make sense of the ending.

I don't believe the doctor took her. For one thing, I don't see how he could have possibly taken her out of there without anyone noticing. He also didn't seem like the type who would do something like that. (But you never know in this game.) Then again, could have had the tools at his disposal to drug her, I suppose.

That leaves the guy on the radio. My guess is he told her to come outside without being seen, luring her outside. She may have even gone with him willingly, if he told her that he knew where her parents were (not likely though, given the blood on her hat.)

The only problem with this is it does not explain the doctor's disappearance. Perhaps he witnessed the abduction and elected to follow them, but why not alert the others?

Thoughts?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @NikolajDeluke said: How was she taken? This is a serious question, yes? If so, I think it's a little obvious. Lee fell asleep, and during that time, the man on the radio lured her away, she wasn't abducted, at first, she went willingly. He probably said that since Lee wouldn't be able to help her, he could.

How she was taken is pretty easy.

Lee put down the radio and when he sleeps, Clem takes it and either gets called up by the guy or tries to call, he then promises her that he has her parents and to meet him outside and he will take her to them.

That part is easy.

• I was pretty sure she left voluntary with the Walkie Talkie dude.

You can see Lee placing the Walkie Talkie on the table and falling asleep.
    Plus Clementine REALLY wants to find her parents. It's her top priority. And she thinks that guy knows where they are.

And Lee obviously can't provide this. Just before that Clementine asks again about finding her parents. And no matter what you choose she will know that you won't go look for her parents and starts crying. So yes, I am pretty sure she left voluntary to the creepy dude hoping to find her parents.

• Obviously after crying that you didn't have time or want to search for her parents, she spoke to the guy on the walky talky and met up with him.

If you remember the guy suggests he can help her find her parents, and since lee and the group isn't going to help with that, she ran off to the walky talky guy in hopes that he can assist her with finding her parents.

This is likely the same shadow figure that is stalking the group.

• @Cougarcat said:

That leaves the guy on the radio. My guess is he told her to come outside without being seen, luring her outside. She may have even gone with him willingly, if he told her that he knew where her parents were (not likely though, given the blood on her hat.)

Thoughts?

Lee's blood bruh.

• @Drbg said: Lee's blood bruh.

Ah, I just rewatched it and you're right. I thought there was some blood on it before he picked it up, but there wasn't.

Still not convinced Vernon is involved in her disappearance, but I can't think of a good reason why he would've snuck off otherwise...

• What I find strange is that the hideout for the cancer survivors was completely barren. It wasn't just Vernon that was gone; All of them, and all of the supplies, were gone. The place was deserted.

I don't think Vernon took Clementine, but if he didn't, what the hell happened to them all?

• @Bralef said: What I find strange is that the hideout for the cancer survivors was completely barren. It wasn't just Vernon that was gone; All of them, and all of the supplies, were gone. The place was deserted.

I don't think Vernon took Clementine, but if he didn't, what the hell happened to them all?

I thought they cleared out because Vernon saw whatever was coming from the tracks. I also didn't think it was likely that Vernon took Clem, as he had nothing to do with the walkie talkie. He did talk about how Clem would be better off, but he would have known Lee would suspect him first. I didn't have a chance to voice that opinion before everyone went to Vernon's though.

(Also, that scene where Vernon confronts Lee over Clem makes no sense ... as by then Vernon would have seen whatever is coming on the tracks, so he wouldn't have thought that Clem would be safe hiding with them.)

• @R_Grimes said: Brother of the Senator he killed?

How resourceful could he be in the post-apocalyptic world that he could find time to play Cat and the Mouse while zombies are roaming about?

• @IndigoHawk said: (Also, that scene where Vernon confronts Lee over Clem makes no sense ... as by then Vernon would have seen whatever is coming on the tracks, so he wouldn't have thought that Clem would be safe hiding with them.)

"Oh shit, this band of morons have brought a horde of zombies to our city... We must quickly relocate our supplies to a safer place. These dumbasses will all die here. Well, the child is innocent, it's not her fault that she travels in a company of idiots... maybe I'll try to convince their leader to let her go with us to a safer location."

• The walkie-talkie guy must have alot of power, so Vernon left with his "crawford cancer group" his camp. The guy must also known Vernon and he ONLY want Lee but I bet he doesn't know that Lee was bitten.

Clementine is only the weapon he can use against Lee and get Lee, so the guy have some serious problems with Lee. The story behind will be that he is a brother from Lee's wife or from the senator that Lee killed.

Add Comment