User Avatar Image

Kenny? Why? I feel betrayed (MAJOR SPOILERS)

posted by Masta23 on - last edited - Viewed by 939 users

I feel betrayed. Kenny didn't have my back at the end.
I fed Duck, I shot Duck for him. I shot the kid in the attic, so he didn't have to. I also saved Duck at Hershall's farm. I sided with Duck at the pharmacy, even though kenny thought otherwise because of that "reason with him" confusion. I ddn't help him kill Larry, but I feel betrayed that Kenny wouldn't help me with Clementine. I pleased with to help but he wouldn't, even though Lee is bit and probably hasn't got long left.
All he can think about is his freaking boat. What a selfish human being. After all I have done to help him and his faimly and this is how he repays me? I wish Kenny was the one who got bit.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @WowMutt said: I even voted on another thread choosing Kenny to cake care of Clem.

and Cake care of her he will. Until she disagrees with murdering Ben in his sleep, then it's "I've raised you for a whole day and this is how you repay me"?

• @Acadias said: and Cake care of her he will. Until she disagrees with murdering Ben in his sleep, then it's "I've raised you for a whole day and this is how you repay me"?

"Damnit Clem, I need you! you have to have my back on this one!" And then Ben wakes up because of all the shouting...

• I told him that Clem is ma family and it didn't work. Though i can't remember doing anything anti-kennish, except for the meatlocker.

• Wow, I guess Kenny really hated my guts, because he didn't come with me even after I said "Clementine is my family!"

• Yeah it sucks that Kenny didn't come. At least he is still letting Lee on the boat if he comes back. Even after I made Lee reveal he was bit. I guess Kenny still kinda likes him.

Everyone else came with me though without a hitch.

• Uhmm... I think that you have to fully backup him in Ep1 when Larry wants Duck killed, including choosing the option " Let's kick his ass!". The Meat Locker decision probaly has a lot of weight, but in Ep2 I stayed neutral mostly of the time, and then finally tried to save Larry.

In Ep3, i've shooted Duck. And later, when Kaatja asked me to stop the train, I reasoned with him. In Ep4, I always tried to be comprehensive with him, and always avoided fights, though i've made him shoot the boy. I did that wanting him to be the Ol' Redneck, and for some reason I really think that has a lot of weight ( Though I don't know how he reacts if you shoot the boy), but later I justified Ben's intentions after he tells him the truth.

In the end of the episode, he says that he didn't knew I would do the same for him. I choosed the option that Clem was my only family, and he understand, saying always was there for Kaatja and Duck. But when I ask Ben, he basically says " Me or him". There was four options:

Deal with it, Kenny.
    Choose Kenny ( Don't remember what was it but that was the consequence)
    Choose Ben ( Don't remeber what was it but that was the consequence²

First o choose "...", because I really didn't knew who to choose. Ben said that he would stay there. But I've felt strange and decided to rewind, choosing the option " Deal with it, Kenny". And surprisely, he stays quiet! I didn't saw that coming. So I got everyone in the group to come.

I'm posting this for the people who don't understand why even picking the option " She's my only family" in the ending don't get his help.

• I sided with Kenny on most of the major bullet points and then saved Ben. Kenny said at the end that I didn't always have his back, but said he would come when I said Clem was my only family. Then I said to Ben that Clementine was the only one who stood up for him and he said he owed her. Kenny objected but I told him to deal with it. I got everyone to come with me, including Kenny and Ben together.

• @Masta23 said: I feel betrayed. Kenny didn't have my back at the end.
    I fed Duck, I shot Duck for him. I shot the kid in the attic, so he didn't have to. I also saved Duck at Hershall's farm. I sided with Duck at the pharmacy, even though kenny thought otherwise because of that "reason with him" confusion. I ddn't help him kill Larry, but I feel betrayed that Kenny wouldn't help me with Clementine. I pleased with to help but he wouldn't, even though Lee is bit and probably hasn't got long left.
    All he can think about is his freaking boat. What a selfish human being. After all I have done to help him and his faimly and this is how he repays me? I wish Kenny was the one who got bit.

Kenny lost my trust long ago. He's left me hanging too many times as well as what he did with Shawn. I knew he wouldnt be there for me at the end, at least without being grudging about it.

• I disagreed with Kenny on more things than I agreed with. I saved Ben too. I told Kenny that Clem was my family and he agreed to come along. When he started getting bitchy about Ben coming along I told him to "deal with it".

After that all that was left of the group is coming with me to find Clem. Hope that helps a bit.

• After I was bitten, I decided to get Clem alone, I never tried to get any of the group to come with me. Reason being that if I turned, they aren't there, hopefully I can find Clem on my suicide mission, then go die alone somewhere once she is safe.

That is all I care about in this game is Clem...getting her to safety, maybe Kenny will take her as his own and if so I will die in peace.

Add Comment