User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 12.9K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shane809 said: I think Molly is Clementines Mother, That's why she went on her own after the old man said he wanted to take her. Maybe Clementine knew that she was going that's why she started crying and started to ask questions about getting their parents back and cried afterwards. Notice at the very end The man on the phone says "choose your words very carefully" (Could be the Father) using the walkie talkie to use lee to help clementine get to them safely.

Then you had to answer the question about clementine and then the episode ends. she also looks a lot like her too I think there may be a big twist to the whole situation. and If i was lee I would cut my arm off just to survive or you could get that bastard Ben to suck the zombie germs of the wound lol

Molly doesn't look anything like Clementine's mother. Don't you remember the family portrait in Episode One?

• Thank you, Telltale....All of my saves were deleted playing this episode.

• I think it was an excelent episode, much better than the previous one. In the end Kenny left the group, but all of the others came with me. I find that cheap however how they get rid of Chuck in the first 5 minutes. And the new people are sort of hit and miss for me. Molly was awesome as hell I hope we'll see here in EP5, Vernon was...there, I didn't really cared about him or the others from his group. At least some of your choices here probably will have an effect on EP5, mainly saving Ben, and telling the gruop you were bitten. I can't wait for EP5, I hope it will be released in early-mid November.

• @Shane809 said: I think Molly is Clementines Mother [...] she also looks a lot like her too

Clems mom is called Diana, is an african American, around 30 has brown hair and brown eyes
    Molly is around 20, Caucasian and blond hair and blue eyes... they couldn't be any more different.

As for the review I'll keep it short:
    This is the best Episode so far in my opinion. I really liked how it played out. Molly was a neat character. Also the gameplay was a bit nicer. Like the timing in the sewers, the new aiming system without simply clicking on circles, freeing your leg etc.. felt more fun and interactive. I loved the environments much more this time. Loved the big house, the sewers and the School. Compared to all the boring locations that I hated like the farm or the train.. overall great episode and I hope for an epic showdown in ep5.

• @Shane809 said: I think Molly is Clementines Mother, That's why she went on her own after the old man said he wanted to take her. Maybe Clementine knew that she was going that's why she started crying and started to ask questions about getting their parents back and cried afterwards. Notice at the very end The man on the phone says "choose your words very carefully" (Could be the Father) using the walkie talkie to use lee to help clementine get to them safely.

Then you had to answer the question about clementine and then the episode ends. she also looks a lot like her too I think there may be a big twist to the whole situation. and If i was lee I would cut my arm off just to survive or you could get that bastard Ben to suck the zombie germs of the wound lol

Don't you think Clem would recognise her mother and the other way around lol?

• Telltale sure does know how to make a hell of an emotional game. I actually teared up a few times in this episode. The conversations between Lee and Clem were so moving. Felt bad every time it said something like "Clem feels hurt" or "Clem got nervous." Good job on this, TT. Let's hope things turn for the better in episode 5. ;)

8/10

• I feel bad now about getting mad at Clem for sneaking under that doggie door at the beginning, although I still think I was in the right.

Ugh, man, my heart hurts after this episode.

• I saved Ben, and then when I asked Kenny, he said I didn't always have my back for him (which I did throughout the episodes, besides Ben) but he said he would go only if Ben stays behind. So I'm going with Christa, Omid, and Kenny.

• I wonder why i REALLY can't look for Clems parents just to say we tried you know

• I don't think anybody realized the fact that, TellTale confirmed episodes 6-10, they are going to make a complete Season 2.

Therefore there has to be SOME sort of way that Lee doesn't die.

Add Comment