User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel

502. Mine was thrown over the fence that surrounds my little side yard. :p

The poor UPS guy didn't have much choice. Some people moved out of their apartment, filling the dumpster to overflowing. With no place to put my own garbage, it sat right by my front door, so the UPS guy didn't have a place to put the box. I should say that he didn't fling it, just dropped it over (with no bumps or bruises).

• One time a UPS guy left a package nestled in the top of this huge bush (tree, really) next to our driveway. I didn't notice the package until a day or two later when I happened to come in the front door (I usually go thru the garage) and noticed a delivery confirmation note stuck to the door. Under "special instructions", the guy had written BUSH. I had no clue what that meant...

I eventually found it, but we needed a stepladder to get the damn box out of the tree. Really weird.

Also, I love that this thread exists. I want everyone with a forum account who bought a hardcover to post here and let us know what number they got. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

That's funny! :D I guess they didn't want the packages to get ripped off by anyone.

I haven't taken the shrink wrap off yet either. I saw the number on the back on a card (or envelope maybe). Is the book plate inside of that?

• Once my posty didn't even deliver my package, they didn't leave a card, nuttin' and just took it to the post office. It was only when I went to check at the post office if any had happened to it as I was moving 5 hours anyway when I found it was there and if I hadn't collected it, in a few days it would have been sent back. Lazy gits.

And I would have been mad cos it was my Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley Quinn snow globe (which I've been wanting for months!)

Sorry rant over. But the morale of the story is... posties SUCK.

• The number thing on the pack is just a piece of paper. The book plate is glued to the first page of the book.

• @Emily said: One time a UPS guy left a package nestled in the top of this huge bush (tree, really) next to our driveway. I didn't notice the package until a day or two later when I happened to come in the front door (I usually go thru the garage) and noticed a delivery confirmation note stuck to the door. Under "special instructions", the guy had written BUSH. I had no clue what that meant...

I eventually found it, but we needed a stepladder to get the damn box out of the tree. Really weird.

I had something delivered once where the guy left a message in my door saying "package bin" and I thought "wtf?!" and opened my wheelie bin and rustled around trying to find it. Then I noticed the wheelie bin had been slightly moved forward and the package was behind it against the wall. From the front of the driveway on you couldn't even notice the difference and thanks to the incorrect information left I had to sort through rubbish instead :(

• ohh, the package bin....isn't that the thing that people put in front of their houses once a week?

• Still waiting here in bonny ol' england.. but these delivery stories are hilarious!

Add Comment