User Avatar Image

Did you drop him?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 2.0K users

Did you drop Ben? Why or why not did you drop him?

I personally dropped him for multiple reasons.

1. He did give food to the bandits and forced us out of the camp.
2. Didn't fess up and got Carley/Doug killed
3. Because of this Duck got bit and caused Katjaa and Duck to both die.
4. Left Clem to die.
5. Let Clem leave the house when he should of been watching her!!!!
6. Clem gets back to house, you would think he would watch her right? "Uhh shes in the backyard playing" FUCKING REALLY?!
7. Took the hatchet from the door that was blocking the walkers.
8. Had to tell Kenny right than and there about everything. Time we could have used to all escape.

If it wasn't for the group he would have been walker food a loooong time ago. I was done with him when he let Clem get out of the house on her own to follow Lee. HE HAS ONE JOB! To watch a child. To make sure the child didn't get away. There was no way I was going to let him put anyone else in danger to save his skin. Dropped him. Save yourself this time idiot.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dropped him at first, but then I went back and saved him, not because I like the character especially but because I feel the game cheats: it presents his death as a necessary heroic sacrifice and seems to whisper in you ear that you should let him go, but really you're just dropping a kid to his death. When you look at the path in which you save him, you pull him up in about 3 seconds - actually a shorter time than it takes to deliberate whether you should try to save him or not. If that was actually an option, because apparently somehow Lee is strong enough to do that and that quickly, then Ben's death serves zero purpose. (Though ultimately he may end up doing something stupid in chapter 5 and get someone killed. And I doubt Ben will survive to the end.) To make this a valid dilemma, the game should have followed through with some kind of negative consequence for saving him straight away, rather than misrepresent the options. Letting someone die because you don't like them is different than letting someone die because it will save others.

• I pulled him up

Reason?

I will surely kill an asshole like Larry but I won't deliberately kill idiot and impotent guy like Ben.

• @StevenvanL said: Letting someone die because you don't like them is different than letting someone die because it will save others.

I saved Ben and will only go back and drop him MAYBE after they release all of the episodes, and I'm going to tell you why most people will tell you they dropped him, and why Ben wanted you to drop him, because Ben has to deal with 4 deaths Including Carley, on his conscious, and if you notice, the reason he told Kenny what happened is because he liked Kenny, and thought he was a good man which made the guilt grow even worse.

People dropped Ben because they saw him as dead weight, and a liability to the groups safety, very vindictive and unfair, but hey most of them were Pro-Kenny backers, and Kenny is vindictive and unfair!

I Saved Ben because I want him to survive to the end, I wouldn't be disappointed if in my game everyone including clementine dies, But if Ben dies first, I will be disappointed, infact if this is how my game ends I am going to be laughing hysterically at the irony of it.

Also he doesn't even know about Chuckles, which would add to his conscience if he found out.

@StevenvanL said: I pulled him up

Reason?

I will surely kill an asshole like Larry but I won't deliberately kill idiot and impotent guy like Ben.

Larry was just looking out for lilly, and in my opinion was a asset :( I really wish he made it to episode 4... maybe then chuckles duck and katjaa would still be with us, and also I believe Larry, behind that angry disposition and demeanor wasn't actually that much of a asshole.

• @StevenvanL said: To make this a valid dilemma, the game should have followed through with some kind of negative consequence for saving him straight away, rather than misrepresent the options. Letting someone die because you don't like them is different than letting someone die because it will save others.

Kenny obviously hate it.

• @Chanut_N said: Kenny obviously hate it.

Not enough of a reason to let someone die. If he wants to kill Ben he can do it himself.

• He fucked up a lot. A super lot. I definitely contemplated offing him if it ever came to him or Kenny... then when it came to it... I thought... Lee was a murderer and he redeemed himself. Ben is only a kid... he can also redeem himself.

• Even though all of your reasons for dropping him flashed through my mind, I was just sick and Goddamn tired of seeing people die.

• I saved him because I would rather have him die than have Lee kill him also him and Kenny need to dish it out for Kenny's sake. and who knows he might redeem himself and end up taking care of Clementine when lee is gone.

• I dropped him for all reasons listed above.
    I already had my mind made up at teh end of Ep. 3 sorta.
    When Kenny said something about the weight limit. He was my first choice.

But actually those few shot he took (I think it was him)
    Clearing a few walkers on the stairway.
    That really made me question my decision.

I actually was planning to shoot him instead of the zombie.
    Woulda been cool if there was that option.
    But really felt kinda bad after I let him drop.
    After the talk with Clem.

• I pulled him up. I don't know how TT does it. They can make Larry a complete asshole and make me try to save him in the meat locker. They can make Duck annoying and make me like him because of one scene. When I had the option to kill Ben, I couldn't do it. I'd like to see what goes on between him and Kenny later.

Add Comment