User Avatar Image

Who Else Went To Save ***** Alone?

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 670 users

At the end. I wanted to go alone. To gather my (Lee's) thoughts. Decide what I should do after I save Clem.

And if I turn I don't want to endanger others. And Lee would make it to the house if he had Clem with him.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hid the bite and then went off alone. It seemed fitting since the series started with Lee and Clem that it would end with them together. I look forward to the emotional scene where Lee says goodbye right before Clem is forced to shoot him. Clem is a strong girl and is more than capable of making the long walk to the boat on her own.

I guess i'm just a sucker for dramatic endings. :)

• @Jedted said: I hid the bite and then went off alone. It seemed fitting since the series started with Lee and Clem that it would end with them together. I look forward to the emotional scene where Lee says goodbye right before Clem is forced to shoot him. Clem is a strong girl and is more than capable of making the long walk to the boat on her own.

I guess i'm just a sucker for dramatic endings. :)

That would actually be quite moving and poignant. Dang now I got to replay the ending haha

• Also, a real leader is willing to sacrifice himself for the lives of the group. Everyone else has been through enough, i didn't want to force them to risk their lives for Clem.

Plus i have faith that Lee can stave off this zombie infection long enough to save her.

• @Jedted said: Also, a real leader is willing to sacrifice himself for the lives of the group. Everyone else has been through enough, i didn't want to force them to risk their lives for Clem.

Plus i have faith that Lee can stave off this zombie infection long enough to save her.

It's one thing to sacrifice yourself. It's another to let Clem die because you're too busy being a real leader to admit that you're dying and need help saving her. But maybe you're right that Lee can save her on his own.

Anyway, I didn't force anyone to go. I asked if they wanted to save Clem. Anyone who said yes went. They made their own decision to risk for her or not. Christa had a great comment about how they all wanted to look after Clem.

• @Thadeum said: He is a walking dead :p

I've always believed the title "The Walking Dead" does not refer to the Walkers... or Geeks (I love Molly)... but rather every living character. I mean if you take the history of the "Zombie" mythos Romero created Night of the Living Dead as a 'spiritual' prequel to "The Omega Man" which was the first version of "I Am Legend".

Most of us know how I Am Legend (book) ends?

• Going alone is the most illogical decision IMO.

At least someone is going to shoot Lee of he is about to turn. If saving Clem is #1 priority then you must have someone watching Lee too.

I killed Larry because I believed he would turn. I convinced Kenny to stop the train because I was sure Duck had zero chance. If I have to be consistent with my logic then I must have someone watching lee.

• I dropped Ben, here I my logic 2.0

Ok, so the OP sums it up, but even if I didn't drop Ben....

Christa has to look over Omid
    Omid is still hurt
    Kenny is fixing up the boat
    It started with Lee alone, only to find Clem, and that will happen at the ending, me & clem

• I didn't go alone. Ben, Omid, and Christa came with me.

• Sure, going it alone is risky. But what happens when Kenny decides to bash Lee's head in because "he might turn any second?" What happens when Ben does something incompetent to get everyone swarmed by walkers again? What happens when Christa and Omid decide to bail because they were never really interested in being part of a group anyway? Can you guys honestly say that bringing these guys along is without risk?

Thing is, out of character, I'm pretty sure my Lee will somehow be punished for going alone to send a nice message about how people need to stick together. But looking at it from Lee's perspective, I can't really consider any of the people who are left to be his friends. Haven't trusted Kenny since the end of Episode 2. I stuck up for Ben even up until the release of Episode 4, but after seeing him put Clem in danger through negligence or incompetence at least three different times in this episode, I had to admit, "This kid really is useless." Christa and Omid are okay, I guess. I'm not as wary of them as I was when we met in Episode 3, but I'm still not sure we're exactly friends. And they've made it pretty clear that they don't like being part of a larger group anyway. The people I'd actually want to take with me on a mission like this--Carley, Glenn, Mark, Molly--are all either dead or have moved on.

• @Thadeum said: You know how this is gonna end.

He is bitten man...

His life has only one way to end, or to never end. No other solution.

And, there is only 5 places on the boat.

I don't see your point with the 5 places. Lee, Omid, Christa, Clementine and Kenny, if all of them survived (no, I don't think they will). Ben isn't getting on that boat, even if you save him I'm sure Kenny won't let it happen.

Add Comment