User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 14.2K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • honestly, i feel that Lee's death will make an awesome finale. depressing yes but it will be memorable.

Mass Effect tried doing the same thing but Reaper Boy revelation just made people mad at the ending. don't think TTG will be making the same blunder..

btw, I really like the "suicide mission" vibe from the episode cliffhanger! it sure made me replay back the part to bring Ben along lol

• @mukhlisz said: honestly, i feel that Lee's death will make an awesome finale. depressing yes but it will be memorable.

Mass Effect tried doing the same thing but Reaper Boy revelation just made people mad at the ending. don't think TTG will be making the same blunder..

btw, I really like the "suicide mission" vibe from the episode cliffhanger! it sure made me replay back the part to bring Ben along lol

Yeah, having Ben come along is SURE to help.

• I really have to say that I am very much in the middle about Lee getting bit and not in a good way. Maybe it's the emotions talking or maybe I am just this jaded horror fan. But when it was revealed he was bit my thoughts went between "oh fuck" and "well this is such a horror/zombie cliche".
    It does its job that it got me thinking so of course it manages to do something but I am not sure that "Oh Lee is gonna die, I saw that coming from the moment he met clem in episode 1" is the right outcome of that.

I wasn't hoping for a fairytale Disney ending where everyone would survive (although I think a game with an option to save everyone, but you would have to go to great lengths to do it and maybe lose yourself in that pursuit would be pretty interesting), but I think I was hoping for Telltale to surprise me in this regard.

Sure they can probably still write a way that saves Lee and Clem in the end (without them being a team of walkers), but at that moment I felt it was a bit cheap and cliche.
    Plus should Lee finally sacrifice himself in the next episode it would feel cheap to me. He's got nothing to lose because he's gonna turn unless they write in an escape so his death won't be as heroic to me.

People are probably gonna hate me for this but it really is something I am feeling, more disappointed that they went for the cliche than disappointed that Lee got bit.

Especially after a great episode full of surprises. It was a kick in the emotional balls but also an even harder kick in the "oh not this cliche again" balls. It just made me feel meh and not only because I feel bad about Lee.

• 7134473a26757c38645477f6b0d58c34.jpg

I have a gut feeling that he is the one who kidnapped Clem. He is acting weird in the game and hardly talk. He alone was on the game screen for more than 3 seconds.

• i found some special , you can kill molly when ben let walker in
    if you too fast than clamentime shoot walker 555 let try

• @Hoqt said:

I have a gut feeling that he is the one who kidnapped Clem. He is acting weird in the game and hardly talk. He alone was on the game screen for more than 3 seconds.

Oh, you are NOT saying what I think you're saying.

• @xdeathknightx said: I really have to say that I am very much in the middle about Lee getting bit and not in a good way. Maybe it's the emotions talking or maybe I am just this jaded horror fan. But when it was revealed he was bit my thoughts went between "oh fuck" and "well this is such a horror/zombie cliche".
    It does its job that it got me thinking so of course it manages to do something but I am not sure that "Oh Lee is gonna die, I saw that coming from the moment he met clem in episode 1" is the right outcome of that.

I wasn't hoping for a fairytale Disney ending where everyone would survive (although I think a game with an option to save everyone, but you would have to go to great lengths to do it and maybe lose yourself in that pursuit would be pretty interesting), but I think I was hoping for Telltale to surprise me in this regard.

Sure they can probably still write a way that saves Lee and Clem in the end (without them being a team of walkers), but at that moment I felt it was a bit cheap and cliche.
    Plus should Lee finally sacrifice himself in the next episode it would feel cheap to me. He's got nothing to lose because he's gonna turn unless they write in an escape so his death won't be as heroic to me.

People are probably gonna hate me for this but it really is something I am feeling, more disappointed that they went for the cliche than disappointed that Lee got bit.

Especially after a great episode full of surprises. It was a kick in the emotional balls but also an even harder kick in the "oh not this cliche again" balls. It just made me feel meh and not only because I feel bad about Lee.

lol it's your emotions talking, but thats the beauty of this game. It truly moves you and makes you care about the characters and situations. Telltale is doing great in my opinion.

• What logic has this thread full of spoilers in the non-spoiler forum and not the spoiler forum?

• I lost my save data again, so I just started episode 4 allowing all my choices before that to just be made for me. For the most part it looks like the choices I made from the last episode were the same aside from Kenny and Lee fighting, and Kenny killing Duck instead of Lee.

I was so upset when I saw that Lee was bitten. I kept hoping it was just a dream and he would wake up. I really hate the way they are taking the story. I mean I get it, it makes sense, but I just don't see why they have to do it that way. I don't want the story to end with Lee turning into a walker, or anything bad happening to Clem, and it just makes me so mad that with every episode it's like they are getting closer and closer to just killing everyone and saying "Well that's it folks." I realize the likelihood of them outliving this thing is slim, but still.

With every episode, I try my hardest to maintain Lee's humanity, I've never allowed anyone to die if I thought for even a moment I could save them. The whole thing with Ben was hard for me, just like the thing with Duck in episode 3. No matter how much I hate them and want them to die, when it's up to me to decide their fate, I just can't allow myself to be responsible. I wanted Duck to die from the beginning, and it surprised me how much I was upset by his passing. It was kinda like that with Ben. Even though everything that happened was his fault, even though Carley, Katjaa, and Duck all died because of him, when I was faced with the choice to let him die, I couldn't do it. No matter how much I hated him for what he did, I couldn't be the one to kill him.

• @Red Panda said: Oh, you are NOT saying what I think you're saying.

The gut feeling that he is the one with Walkie talkie. The guy who spoke on Walkie talkie sound so different than Vernon.
    He didn't talk on the game. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to figure out that he's the one on the Walkie talkie.
    Maybe he even have the Walkie talkie in the brown bag

Add Comment