User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Ern

I liked the story but can't help but notice telltale has now played our emotions on the 2 guys we only really care about Lee and Clementine. It would have been nice for at least Doug/Carley to still be around.

then the only interesting new character leaves

• I've just said it in another thread, but as Clems hat is in the yard, it seems likely she simply went out there - perhaps to be alone - and was then approached/kidnapped from there.
    Perhaps she used the walkie-talkie, but she wouldn't leave her hat behind!

• I'm pretty sure Lee is dead meat. It wouldn't be The Walking Dead otherwise. Everything that is based on something Kirkman wrote must spread misery, otherwise he won't be happy.

• @ToSch said: I'm pretty sure Lee is dead meat. It wouldn't be The Walking Dead otherwise. Everything that is based on something Kirkman wrote must spread misery, otherwise he won't be happy.

Yes but you must think the classic walking dead thing to do would be to kill people you care about around you. NOT YOU. I seriously thought they would kill clem before me just to put that emotion inside you to carry on.

• I certainly didn't expect to get bit like that, I would have preferred a cut-scene where you actually saw yourself get bit. I was shocked as I didn't even see it happen. However since we've lost most of the original group already, having Lee die or get bit always was high on my list of potential risks.

And to the poster that commented on how developers make their games end the way they want to.....that is why they write the story. Not every ending in games and books end on a happy note. I myself enjoy endings like this from time to time, it gets old always having the happy-happy, joy-joy ending all the time.

• Happy endings are rare in the world we all live in. I don't expect them to be abundant in a world where the dead have risen to chomp on the flesh of the living.

Anyways, I don't think we've got the creds to be giving TTG storyline writing advice.
    The guy who wrote these episodes is a professional. Wrote Book of Eli and prolly some other stuff. Pretty sure he's more qualified than any armchair critic.

• @LokiHavok said: Happy endings are rare in the world we all live in. I don't expect them to be abundant in a world where the dead have risen to chomp on the flesh of the living.

Anyways, I don't think we've got the creds to be giving TTG storyline writing advice.
    The guy who wrote these episodes is a professional. Wrote Book of Eli and prolly some other stuff. Pretty sure he's more qualified than any armchair critic.

No one is really telling them how to write it. At least I wasn't. I just expected Lee to live and have most around him die. Didn't think that this group would most likely all die in season 1.

• The Walking Dead is pretty grim, and there are few "Happy" moments. So yeah, Lee's Dead.

I recently watched Season 1 and 2 on Netflix. And am really interested in Season 3. Traditionally I hate Graphic Novels, but I am even thinking about getting those too.

• Its a toss up for me. obviously I want tt to be credible but I want Lee to survive more so. So I think if they added a way for Lee to survive, I wouldnt be upset...ie maybe the zombie that bit him had something special, maybe it didnt fully bite him. I want to watch the scene again and see if its clear the zombie ACTUALLY bit Lee.

• There's a YouTube video floating around somewhere, that someone posted.

I watched it slowly and it wasn't a very prolonged attacked.
    But you heard a "squished grapes" sort of sound
    WHich pretty much means he truly got bit. Reall juicy-like.

Add Comment