User Avatar Image

Anybody Mad at Clem?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 656 users

Here's the deal: Lee has warned and told Clem this guy is dangerous, her parents are gone, and not to run off. She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

I think she gets now Lee was right.

Except now Lee is bitten looking for her and is going to die. The sickness comes on fast and hits hard. Duck died in less than 24 hours. Lee is going to spend his last moments looking for Clem (for as long as he has the strength).

Love or not, how can Lee not be a little resentful?

Even if they're reunited, and Lee isn't upset, this will haunt Clem the rest of her life. The older she gets the more she'll realize how foolish she's been and the more it will hurt.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ItsMeArmani said: I agree. I would gladly forfeit my life to save hers or anybody elses.

    I think you misread what he wrote. More importantly, sacrificing yourself is different than having death thrust upon you. There is no noble sacrifice in Lee's death. It's just terrible timing., like getting hit by a bus.

  • If your possible responses to her vary, I'd blame her if she ran off willingly and rub the bite in her face.

  • And what if your death had been coming a long time - you'd gotten to say goodbye, you had a streak of experience near the end and finally was able to face death in peace?
    Does that seem that impossible to you? Why must [I]everyone[\i] be mad at their time of death?

    Also finding out someone infected you with HIV/AIDS and responding with anger to that, isn't the same as responding to anger when facing your death.

  • @Eguro said: And what if your death had been coming a long time - you'd gotten to say goodbye, you had a streak of experience near the end and finally was able to face death in peace?
    Does that seem that impossible to you? Why must [I]everyone[\i] be mad at their time of death?

    Also finding out someone infected you with HIV/AIDS and responding with anger to that, isn't the same as responding to anger when facing your death.

    First, I'm not claiming a person is always mad, but anger at some point for some length is expected.

    Second, the HIV/AIDS example is relevant b/c it's an infection, and there's a lot of information about it, but it's an analogy not worth dwelling on or arguing about. All analogies fail at some point. Let's focus on the bigger point.

  • @Red Panda said: First, I'm not claiming a person is always mad, but anger at some point for some length is expected.

    Second, the HIV/AIDS example is relevant b/c it's an infection, and there's a lot of information about it, but it's an analogy not worth dwelling on or arguing about. All analogies fail at some point. Let's focus on the bigger point.

    So your point is that people who know they've gotten a death sentence, will at some point feel anger?

    Because I think I agree with that.

    The way I read your posts, it sounded like you meant that whenever anyone - ever - was about to die, they'd just get really angry and then die...

    If that's what you mean, then I still disagree.

    But yeah, the first thing, I think is valid enough.

  • Jesus!!?!!?! Lee is dieing and you're all just sitting here. Someone do something! :(

  • Yeah episode 4 she just winds me up, forever doing things you tell her not to!!

    Hopefully now after Lee's death it will forever be a burden on her and she will learn that if she disobeys somebodies instructions people will die!!

  • @Red Panda said: kidnapped.

    That's the operational word.

    Outside of a scam or a wierd sex fetish people don't tend to get kidnapped willingly. Hardly her fault for someone hopping over the backyard fence and kidnapping her.

  • @cormoran said: That's the operational word.

    Outside of a scam or a wierd sex fetish people don't tend to get kidnapped willingly. Hardly her fault for someone hopping over the backyard fence and kidnapping her.

    [LIST=1]
    [*]You just made that up. We don't know what happened, if she went willingly or not.
    [*]Lee drummed it into her head how dangerous it was and she still put herself in harms way. If she had stayed in the house, like she was supposed to, none of this would have happened so it's easy to fault her. Being young and naive doesn't absovle her of anything.
    [/LIST]

  • @Red Panda said: [LIST=1]
    [*]You just made that up. We don't know what happened, if she went willingly or not.
    [*]Lee drummed it into her head how dangerous it was and she still put herself in harms way. If she had stayed in the house, like she was supposed to, none of this would have happened so it's easy to fault her. Being young and naive doesn't absovle her of anything.
    [/LIST]

    In the end she's just a kid who doesn't learn. Maybe this is what it takes for her to realize how unsafe the world is. (If she even lives.). Im more upset when I reached out to hug her in the office she denied me :(

    Mad that i'm bit,mad that clems gone, but not mad she left. Maybe if she was some teenage brat I was taking care off.

Add Comment