User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hoqt said: The gut feeling that he is the one with Walkie talkie. The guy who spoke on Walkie talkie sound so different than Vernon.
    He didn't talk on the game. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to figure out that he's the one on the Walkie talkie.
    Maybe he even have the Walkie talkie in the brown bag

It was a joke. A reference to ep 2.

• @Abel said: They never said ep 6-10. Its a second season of TWD, there is no need for any of the current characters for that.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/07/24/the-walking-dead-game-episode-6-10-season-2-confirmed.htm

They said 6-10. Pay more attention bro.

• Did anyone else Lee make Clem cry as much as mine did? I was only trying to protect her (making her stay back) and being honest about not finding her folks while I was out. She did the sad mopy look/walk when I made her stay (something I found funny as my Niece does that exact thing when she doesn't get her way...and their the same age and we may be dressing up as Lee and Clem for Halloween treating :)

She cried at least twice and gave me the sad face multiply times but what broke my heart was when she wouldn't even hug me when I tried to consul her :(

P.S. Did any one that made her stay give her the gun?

• @Pellet said: great episode.... does any1 know what happens if you leave clementine at the house without a gun?

I did that, She hides and when you get back, a Zombie is in the house and she comes out after you take care of it.

• My review posted elsewhere;
    [quote]
    They gave you an entire clean slate, nothing from the other episodes mattering. Not really a good thing for a game tailored to your choices. Still very much an interactive movie. They decided to give up on one zombie being a threat, so here you're eventually killing 20 in the time span of 2 minutes.
    If my guy is such an awesome killing machine, why are we running in the first place. Especially from the 5 or so in past episodes? (although I guess they would want more but have engine limitations). Also, gun never gets out of ammo. I surely have fired hundreds of rounds since episode 1 and it's still the same gun with the same clip and we never found any more ammo (actually, all guns found are generally with just a few bullets or none). Eh...
    Also there was a very stupid story decision in the end, with someone complaining I sucked as a leader, and everyone was going to die. Was this based on the decision wheter or not I risked my life saving a teammate just 1 minute before that? Surely not, it was because I lied at the start of the episode, and by doing so aided my team considerably. Seems some pretty strange morality there.
    "Hello, weren't you with the team in the past scene, with all the zombies, and how I saved everyone? Helloooo?"

It better has a good finale episode. They make how many people you can take along to episode 5 seem like it's a great deal, I would hate for it to be all smoke and mirrors...[/quote]

• It is very sad...
    This episode make me game over a lot of time...:D

• I agree with previous comments. The whole episode makes Ben unbearable with and I actually advised him to say Kenny about what he did at the worse time, when Kenny broke the door to Crawford's armory. Then I voted to kick him off the group and was annoying to make Clementine angry at me for that. And then, a few seconds later, I was glad to let him die. I just felt he was a danger for the whole team. So I guess, somehow, sadly, I followed Crawford discipline.

This is a constant issue of the comics. This episode made it very alive.

Apart from that, I actually was kind of happy to get rid a Chuck. Not because he was a liability like Ben but because I just did not trust him. Something weird about that guy. During the previous episode, I had the strong feeling he was trying to get close to Clem in a wrong way, always trying to get to her behind my back.

I was also disappointed that Molly left before the end of the episode.

For the next one, I got the whole group (except the dead) with me. I actually almost never sided with Kenny and he reminded me that very well, but he also said I took care of his wife and son several time (giving food to them, etc) and that he would come with me for that reason.

• I assume that she runs and hides when the walker gets in and Omid turns

• @Pellet said: great episode.... does any1 know what happens if you leave clementine at the house without a gun?

I assume that she runs and hides when the walker gets in and Omid turns

• How can anyone say that's an easy game? This game is too hard!!!
    I still can't get through the ep.4 download process!!!
    Whole day stucked on it! Damn "Get it" button!
    That's how improve difficulty and longevity in games.

Add Comment