User Avatar Image

Anybody Mad at Clem?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 663 users

Here's the deal: Lee has warned and told Clem this guy is dangerous, her parents are gone, and not to run off. She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

I think she gets now Lee was right.

Except now Lee is bitten looking for her and is going to die. The sickness comes on fast and hits hard. Duck died in less than 24 hours. Lee is going to spend his last moments looking for Clem (for as long as he has the strength).

Love or not, how can Lee not be a little resentful?

Even if they're reunited, and Lee isn't upset, this will haunt Clem the rest of her life. The older she gets the more she'll realize how foolish she's been and the more it will hurt.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Red Panda said: [LIST=1]
    [*]You just made that up. We don't know what happened, if she went willingly or not.
    [*]Lee drummed it into her head how dangerous it was and she still put herself in harms way. If she had stayed in the house, like she was supposed to, none of this would have happened so it's easy to fault her. Being young and naive doesn't absovle her of anything.
    [/LIST]

You're the one who said she was kidnapped. Here's the quote in it's entirety.

@Red Panda said: She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

You didn't say "and now she's gone and run off with some guy.". The word kidnap has a very specific meaning.

As for evidence of her being kidnapped, both her hat and the walkie talkie had been dropped. this implies to me that she was either struggling or was unconscious and being carried away in haste. If she left willingly those wouldn't have been so carelessly strewn about. If the guy wanted to leave the walkie talkie somewhere he knew it'd be found he'd have left it sitting at the back door.

• @cormoran said: You're the one who said she was kidnapped. Here's the quote in it's entirety.

You didn't say "and now she's gone and run off with some guy.". The word kidnap has a very specific meaning.

As for evidence of her being kidnapped, both her hat and the walkie talkie had been dropped. this implies to me that she was either struggling or was unconscious and being carried away in haste. If she left willingly those wouldn't have been so carelessly strewn about. If the guy wanted to leave the walkie talkie somewhere he knew it'd be found he'd have left it sitting at the back door.

Obviously she's kidnapped. Haven't you ever seen how these things happen? "Oh, kid, I have some candy! Just come with me." In this case it's parents, but surprise surprise! They're kidnapped. She can go willingly and still be kidnapped.

The point is she disobeyed and went outside and now she's in trouble. You can't deny that. And now you're going to die b/c of it.

• Still I can't believe none of the adults stopped it.

You would think someone would always be watching the one door, but hey.

• Just curious but who would you guys rather save? Yourself or clem? I mean I did nothing to harm her and always wanted her to live as long as I could. At points I thought to myself I would save her instead of myself. Then for whatever reason I find myself wanting to save myself, and just as those thoughts started to roll in...I get bitten. I mean if I could play as Lee in the second season if clem dies then so be it. I would be upset but would rather have Lee live. Oh well guess that's why they made you get bitten so the only thing you care about is saving clem and not yourself.

• @ITIATT said: Just curious but who would you guys rather save? Yourself or clem? I mean I did nothing to harm her and always wanted her to live as long as I could. At points I thought to myself I would save her instead of myself. Then for whatever reason I find myself wanting to save myself, and just as those thoughts started to roll in...I get bitten. I mean if I could play as Lee in the second season if clem dies then so be it. I would be upset but would rather have Lee live. Oh well guess that's why they made you get bitten so the only thing you care about is saving clem and not yourself.

Clementine of course, shes pretty much the reason of living.

• @Red Panda said: Obviously she's kidnapped. Haven't you ever seen how these things happen? "Oh, kid, I have some candy! Just come with me." In this case it's parents, but surprise surprise! They're kidnapped. She can go willingly and still be kidnapped.

The point is she disobeyed and went outside and now she's in trouble. You can't deny that. And now you're going to die b/c of it.

There were four adults and one teenager in that house, none of them bothered to watch her in the slightest. Lee himself sat his lazy arse down and went to sleep. As adults they hold more responsibility to allowing her to be kidnapped than she did. They knew the situation and chose to not bother keeping an eye on her anyways.

In the end though, the only real person to blame, the one you should be angry at, the one Lee seemed angry at, is the kidnapper.

Seriously, what is it with some of the people here constantly blaming and getting angry at the victims in this game?

• @cormoran said: There were four adults and one teenager in that house, none of them bothered to watch her in the slightest. Lee himself sat his lazy arse down and went to sleep. As adults they hold more responsibility to allowing her to be kidnapped than she did. They knew the situation and chose to not bother keeping an eye on her anyways.

In the end though, the only real person to blame, the one you should be angry at, the one Lee seemed angry at, is the kidnapper.

Seriously, what is it with some of the people here constantly blaming and getting angry at the victims in this game?

I'm mad at the Kidnapper and all the Adults, I mean really no one is watching the door at all.

Chuck was right this group is going to die, with the way they handle things.

• I'm only mad at Ben. Only because of the fact I gave him ONE job to do right. ONE JOB. "Protect Clementine."

HOW AFTER SAVING YOUR LIFE COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, SCUMBAG STEVE?!

• I'll be ok with it as long as she actually finds her mom, or gets somewhere safe. I know she'll blame herself for it, but as long as she's ok in the end, I won't hate her.

• @cormoran said: There were four adults and one teenager in that house, none of them bothered to watch her in the slightest. Lee himself sat his lazy arse down and went to sleep. As adults they hold more responsibility to allowing her to be kidnapped than she did. They knew the situation and chose to not bother keeping an eye on her anyways.

I can agree with you on this. Ultimately, the kidnapper is to blame. It still doesn't mean she didn't do something incredibly stupid and defiant that had grave consequences.

It's like the boy that cried wolf. You can blame the wolf at the end of the day, and it deserves all the blame, but you'd be missing the moral of the story.

Add Comment