User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 7.3K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @distortion said: I think we'll be playing as Clem, maybe a few years older and wiser than she is now, and her struggled to survive without Lee to look after her. If any of the other characters from this game are in it too I don't know, we'll see how many of them survive episode 5, but I think Clem will become our main protagonist.

I like that concept. That jump would put the game ahead of regular continuity (I've always wondered why the zombies don't decompose over time btw, ending their reign.) but it would mean the game can carry over a character or two who survive in all possible outcomes. Should Clem have a thought back to her past, a season 1 save-game (if present) could colour in the details of her past and give the series a feeling of continuity.

However, they could also just jump to Molly. She left alive and well. *EDIT: Uh, she CAN die apparently, so strike this option.*

• @Demonseed said: I certainly didn't expect to get bit like that, I would have preferred a cut-scene where you actually saw yourself get bit. I was shocked as I didn't even see it happen. However since we've lost most of the original group already, having Lee die or get bit always was high on my list of potential risks.

And to the poster that commented on how developers make their games end the way they want to.....that is why they write the story. Not every ending in games and books end on a happy note. I myself enjoy endings like this from time to time, it gets old always having the happy-happy, joy-joy ending all the time.

The problem being the whole "protagonist dies" endings are kinda overdone themselves nowadays. It's a way to seem edgy and different... yet, there's the fact that the very first known story written in the English language has the protagonist die off. Nowadays, it tends to be kinda lazy in most cases, it's just that sadness is pretty much the easiest emotion to evoke.

• @Jokieman said: The Walking Dead is pretty grim, and there are few "Happy" moments. So yeah, Lee's Dead.

I recently watched Season 1 and 2 on Netflix. And am really interested in Season 3. Traditionally I hate Graphic Novels, but I am even thinking about getting those too.

Do it, you'll be addicted...

• @LokiHavok said: There's a YouTube video floating around somewhere, that someone posted.

I watched it slowly and it wasn't a very prolonged attacked.
    But you heard a "squished grapes" sort of sound
    WHich pretty much means he truly got bit. Reall juicy-like.

Yea but that could of been him cutting himself open too no? I kind of find it hard to beleive that your character wouldnt know he was bit until seeing a wound afterwards... like im pretty sure id know if something bit me if i was fighting it...

• @Zeruis said: I'm seriously hoping that bite's not fatal. What am I saying? Hell, I just want to Lee to survive.

Yeah, because wasn't it Ben who said "it's not the bite that gets you."

I mean in this game have we ever seen anyone take a wound from a Zombie and not die, or take a scratch or anything of that nature and not die outright?

Usually when one take the first bite they get dragged down or pulled and that's end of story.

I don't think Lee is gonna die. Or...he might and then when he dies Clem is finally reunited with her mother and it is is Clem who has to put a bullet in his head.

Oh...how..dramatic!

• I am only pissed about the lack of choice. I made sure to check to boxes before touching that Walkie and I am sure the same thing happens if you just grab the Walkie. At some point you need to wonder, what part of episode 4 was even a game? Felt more like waiting for the story to unfold.

• @NewYawk said: I am only pissed about the lack of choice. I made sure to check to boxes before touching that Walkie and I am sure the same thing happens if you just grab the Walkie. At some point you need to wonder, what part of episode 4 was even a game? Felt more like waiting for the story to unfold.

Lack of choices. What bloody choices would there be to pick? Die or not die? What kind of idiot picks die?

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: Yeah, because wasn't it Ben who said "it's not the bite that gets you."

I mean in this game have we ever seen anyone take a wound from a Zombie and not die, or take a scratch or anything of that nature and not die outright?

Usually when one take the first bite they get dragged down or pulled and that's end of story.

I don't think Lee is gonna die. Or...he might and then when he dies Clem is finally reunited with her mother and it is is Clem who has to put a bullet in his head.

Oh...how..dramatic!

It's not the bite that turns you into a zombie, but the bite still kills you, and once you're dead you come back as undead. It killed Duck, or would have if we let it, and in the TV show we see a couple characters die from being bit and then coming back.

• I know its hard to think he dies.I know he killed a person...But there a lot of worse people like this ''people'' in this epi 4! I think he need a 2 chance...i will feel bad if he dies

• Nah, first act of Episode 5, he'll get himself a funky new chainsaw hand.

Add Comment