User Avatar Image

Anybody Mad at Clem?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 563 users

Here's the deal: Lee has warned and told Clem this guy is dangerous, her parents are gone, and not to run off. She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

I think she gets now Lee was right.

Except now Lee is bitten looking for her and is going to die. The sickness comes on fast and hits hard. Duck died in less than 24 hours. Lee is going to spend his last moments looking for Clem (for as long as he has the strength).

Love or not, how can Lee not be a little resentful?

Even if they're reunited, and Lee isn't upset, this will haunt Clem the rest of her life. The older she gets the more she'll realize how foolish she's been and the more it will hurt.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Red Panda said: I can agree with you on this. Ultimately, the kidnapper is to blame. It still doesn't mean she didn't do something incredibly stupid and defiant that had grave consequences.

It's like the buy that cried wolf. You can blame the wolf at the end of the day, and it deserves all the blame, but you'd be missing the moral of the story.

That moral being: You should never tell the same lie twice. :D

• Actually nobody owes Clem anything. Nobody has to look out for her. Yeah, it's the right thing to do if they do it, but they are not obliged to.
    I can see your point Red Panda, and I agree with it. It appears all our training were for nothing because she just does whatever she pleases. She did that the entire season. She's stubborn and yeah I know she's a kid, but as Chuck said, she has to grow up or she'll die. I hope Lee's death sticks with her through her entire life. She needs to know that her stupidity cost him his life and maybe that will be the reason why she won't be the next one to die.
    It is really a shame that sometimes only a tragic event can allow us to see the truth that has been in front of our eyes all along. That's life, unfortunately.
    If Clem wants to live, I hope she will learn her lesson now.

• I think it realistic that Lee could be mad or upset with Clem for leaving the house, which in turn leads to him getting bitten.

Clem has had a bad habit of not listening when told to stay, climbing the ladder to follow Lee up to the Fuel truck, crawling through the doggie door, going outside to play on her own (even tough she discovered the boat) still, she's put herself and others at risk.

Now I realize, when talking to Lee inside the house, Lee upset her saying they really wont have time to look for her parents, that upset Clem, so after Lee fell asleep, Clem took the walkie and went searching on her own. Lee goes looking for her and as a result get's bitten.

Think about iif it were Ben's fault, or Kenny's that Lee gets bitten.. We would all be cussing them, swearing to kill them.. But because it's Clem, we accept Lee's been bitten, not really mad, just concerned for Clem..

I'm guessing in EP5, Lee will find and save Clem, but since Lee is bitten, will proably be some big sacrifice scene. I think Clem's dad is dead, but maybe they find her mother..

They are surrounded by walkers, Lee takes Clem and hands her up to her mother as Lee endures multiple bites.. Clem has a gun and shoots Lee in the end to put him down!

Thats how I see it.. Sure Lee 'could' be mad at Clem.. But he isnt.. He's too concerned for her safety and willing to risk/sacrifice himself for her!

• Panda, duck could have died so fast for a multitude of reasons, childrens immune systems are weaker than adults, also, which could have affected it. (Doubt telltale was thinking that, but its true.)

• No she is just a kid, Kids do stupid things. I am going to kill that walkie-talkie guy though! Before my Lee turns into a flesh eating walker!

• It just really bums me out that the "Clem is leading you to your death" guy was kinda right... if Clem hadn't gotten taken and dropped the walkie talkie there, we wouldn't have gotten bitten... ;___;

• I am working today but still thinking about all this and realize the more I think about Clem running off leading to Lee getting bitten, the more I want Clem to realize what she's done.

Mad at her? No, not really, but..

If possible I would make sure Lee explains to her the cost of her actions.

Lee: (as he's about to die/turn) Clemmypoo, I want you to take this as my final lesson to you! This world is now all about survival and you have to do anything you can to live.. But realize that you will need others to help you survive and just walking off like that can have dire consequences (shows her the bite).

Ive been honest with you from the start, taught you how to defend yourself and tried to explain the way of this new terrible world. You will have to be responsible for yourself and the others. Think before you act because what you do now, may affect everyone later.

Like Ben, he meant well, but his actions cost the lives of others.
    You went to find your parents, I understand that, but because you took off and I had to search for you, has cost My life.

Take this as a lesson, it could save your life in the future!

Yes! Guilt trip she'll never forget, but will save her in the future!

• Why is everyone reckoning she left the house willingly? She could have gone to the backyard and been taken while Lee's asleep. The walkie talkie voice could have told her: "I have your parents and I'm going to kill them if you don't do exactly as I say". Vernon could have taken her and then been taken himself. There are a lot of explanations and we have not been given any so far.

You know what they say about reckoning.

• Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Here's the thing. Zombies are literally around every corner. Is it really Clem's fault just because she's the reason he went outside that time? It could have happened the next day when they took the boat out. It could have happened when he went out to take a leak. Or any of the other many, many times that Lee stepped out of that house.

I was once driving on the highway to visit my sister for her birthday and I got into a wreck that left me in a wheelchair for months. But I don't blame my sister for being the reason I was on the highway. I blame the person who hit me with a car. Just because Clem is the reason Lee went outside, doesn't mean she's the reason he got bit.

@oraclekun said: You know what they say about reckoning.

It...makes a wreck...out of...I got nuthin'.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Here's the thing. Zombies are literally around every corner. Is it really Clem's fault just because she's the reason he went outside that time? It could have happened the next day when they took the boat out. It could have happened when he went out to take a leak. Or any of the other many, many times that Lee stepped out of that house.

I was once driving on the highway to visit my sister for her birthday and I got into a wreck that left me in a wheelchair for months. But I don't blame my sister for being the reason I was on the highway. I blame the person who hit me with a car. Just because Clem is the reason Lee went outside, doesn't mean she's the reason he got bit.

It...makes a wreck...out of...I got nuthin'.

Valid point, but as a last lesson from Lee to Clem, something as harsh as that may be the life-lesson she remembers in the future so she can survive!

Add Comment