User Avatar Image

Anybody Mad at Clem?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 658 users

Here's the deal: Lee has warned and told Clem this guy is dangerous, her parents are gone, and not to run off. She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

I think she gets now Lee was right.

Except now Lee is bitten looking for her and is going to die. The sickness comes on fast and hits hard. Duck died in less than 24 hours. Lee is going to spend his last moments looking for Clem (for as long as he has the strength).

Love or not, how can Lee not be a little resentful?

Even if they're reunited, and Lee isn't upset, this will haunt Clem the rest of her life. The older she gets the more she'll realize how foolish she's been and the more it will hurt.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @WowMutt said: Valid point, but as a last lesson from Lee to Clem, something as harsh as that may be the life-lesson she remembers in the future so she can survive!

    Oh absolutely, I'm not saying she won't feel guilty. That sort of survivor's guilt happens whether it makes rational sense or not. I'm just saying that Lee should (and does, by the look of it) know better than to blame her for it.

    And so should we.

  • It certainly makes Lee look like an idiot, doesn't it?

    The "We're going to look out for each other" and "We're a team, you know?" statements he made in a previous episode were a pipe dream.

    I'm not mad at Clem, just really, really, really disappointed.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

    Here's the thing. Zombies are literally around every corner. Is it really Clem's fault just because she's the reason he went outside that time? It could have happened the next day when they took the boat out. It could have happened when he went out to take a leak. Or any of the other many, many times that Lee stepped out of that house.

    I was once driving on the highway to visit my sister for her birthday and I got into a wreck that left me in a wheelchair for months. But I don't blame my sister for being the reason I was on the highway. I blame the person who hit me with a car. Just because Clem is the reason Lee went outside, doesn't mean she's the reason he got bit.

    Wow. Philosophy was my major in college if you want to go there. Look, it could have happened differently but it didn't. Let's no deviate from that fact.

    If someone was dying of terminal cancer and could go anytime, and then some stranger shot them in head, would you think they should be punished? By your logic, they could have died any day, so how can they be held morally responsible? Of course you can b/c there's a difference between what could have happened and what did happen.

    And there is a huge difference in asking someone to drive to you and having someone walk around a city filled with deadly monsters. Seriously.

  • @Red Panda said: If someone was dying of terminal cancer and could go anytime, and then some stranger shot them in head, would you think they should be punished? By your logic, they could have died any day, so how can they be held morally responsible? Of course you can b/c there's a difference between what could have happened and what did happen.

    Nice try, but that's actually the opposite of my logic. Obviously they should be punished because that is exactly what I'm talking about - direct causation. Clementine is not directly responsible for Lee getting bitten. Kenny is the one who insisted they go to Savannah, is it his fault? Without him, Lee would never have been in that alley either. Just because someone caused something that is part of a sequence of events does not make them responsible for everything else that happens in that sequence of events.

  • When i hear her voice i forgive her somehow O___o

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: Nice try, but that's actually the opposite of my logic. Obviously they should be punished because that is exactly what I'm talking about - direct causation. Clementine is not directly responsible for Lee getting bitten. Kenny is the one who insisted they go to Savannah, is it his fault? Without him, Lee would never have been in that alley either. Just because someone caused something that is part of a sequence of events does not make them responsible for everything else that happens in that sequence of events.

    Clem didn't bite him but she put in harms way. With Kenny, there was a plan of escaping on a boat. There was risk, but necessary. With Clem, it was a unnecessary and needless risk. She was disobeyed and trying to save her was bitten. It is simple negligence.

  • @Sir Fruitcakes said: Panda, duck could have died so fast for a multitude of reasons, childrens immune systems are weaker than adults, also, which could have affected it. (Doubt telltale was thinking that, but its true.)

    OKay, after being bit,what is the longest you've know someone to function before becoming to sick? What is the longest you've known to survive? Give me a best case scenario based on some evidence. Point to a character in a comic or TV show.

  • @Red Panda said: Clem didn't bite him but she put in harms way. With Kenny, there was a plan of escaping on a boat. There was risk, but necessary. With Clem, it was a unnecessary and needless risk. She was disobeyed and trying to save her was bitten. It is simple negligence.

    Everywhere is harms way. And as far as we know, all Clementine did was walk into the back yard. That's hardly reckless endangerment.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Actually nobody owes Clem anything. Nobody has to look out for her. Yeah, it's the right thing to do if they do it, but they are not obliged to.
    I can see your point Red Panda, and I agree with it. It appears all our training were for nothing because she just does whatever she pleases. She did that the entire season. She's stubborn and yeah I know she's a kid, but as Chuck said, she has to grow up or she'll die. I hope Lee's death sticks with her through her entire life. She needs to know that her stupidity cost him his life and maybe that will be the reason why she won't be the next one to die.
    It is really a shame that sometimes only a tragic event can allow us to see the truth that has been in front of our eyes all along. That's life, unfortunately.
    If Clem wants to live, I hope she will learn her lesson now.

    Can't believe it but I agree with Yami :) It was a dumbass thing for her to have done and I AM pissed off about it. Mostly it was up to Telltale to make her disregard everything Lee said even though he's forced by the game to be taking care of her...that's just....sick. I think there's a definite difference between asking a parent to care for their child and a total stranger....cause at the end of the day that's exactly what she was a complete stranger. Nobody owed her anything. Echoed.

    @YamiRaziel said: It certainly makes Lee look like an idiot, doesn't it?

    The "We're going to look out for each other" and "We're a team, you know?" statements he made in a previous episode were a pipe dream.

    I'm not mad at Clem, just really, really, really disappointed.

    Yep. They put eggs all over Lee's face with that.

    @YamiRaziel said: When i hear her voice i forgive her somehow O___o

    You are delusional then.

  • Honestly, I'm kind of glad my Lee got bitten. In my eyes, my Lee has pretty much failed to live up to his goal of redemption. Killed Larry and Danny, abandoned Lilly, nearly shot Molly on purpose (I considered it for a good few seconds), and dropped Ben. I just wish the bite had come AFTER I saved Clem from this maniac and made sure she was safe. At least my Lee gets to spend his last hours doing something good.

Add Comment