User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead Episode 4 REVIEW Thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 12K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about "Around every Corner" right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODE!!!

AND I'll add an open poll to this thread for you to rate the episode on a scale from one to ten. It's not a substitute for a constructive review... it's just because I like polls.

Please ignore the results if Gary Whitta votes a 10. :D

edit: I created the poll as an open poll so you could see who voted which number... but it seems like Jake had different plans. So now Gary can vote and you wouldn't even know. ;)

394 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Anyone thinks Lee could amputate his hand as if i am not mistaken Dale did in comics and survive.

• @klink.von.stalag13 said: So I guess, somehow, sadly, I followed Crawford discipline.

One thing I realized about myself playing this and have tried to carry-over to my Lee, is I understand the way's of the Bandits, or the Crawford people.. I do agree that they went to extrem measures, but in a world like this, I can't totally blame them.

I think the St.John cannible family was wrong.. It happened too quickly (3 months) that they decided eating people was necessary! They still had a farm full of corn, they still had a single cow. Just they were not starving to the point they had no other choice. IMO

I think the bandit's got too greedy.. I understand forming a group to survive and at time may have to fight and 'take' what they need, but they went into this as aggressive and greedy and now most are dead.

The Crawford people had a valid plan, but took it to a very extreme level which in turn resulted in thier downfall.

• @Gaming Maniac said: Anyone thinks Lee could amputate his hand as if i am not mistaken Dale did in comics and survive.

yea, if it's done immediately. like within the minute it happened immediately.

• The plot gets more and more interesting.
    Unfortunately, this episode was 80% cutscenes and 20% gameplay. And carley is dead :mad:

Still good, thou. Loved how decisions are worth something, finally.

• @SaveCarley said: And carley is dead :mad:

Yeah that tends to happen. And she will stay dead.

• Yeah Carley is really Dead i think.....shit...So i think now Molly can be with Lee i hope and i hope she can back to the group again(besides she left with no great answer).Ah there no way to make Clem crying? or irrespective of the choices she will cry? and you guys think Molly will be back?

• @Schramm00 said: Yeah Carley is really Dead i think.....shit...So i think now Molly can be with Lee i hope and i hope she can back to the group again(besides she left with no great answer).Ah there no way to make Clem crying? or irrespective of the choices she will cry? and you guys think Molly will be back?

How's molly going to be with Lee when hes bitten and will die within the day most likely. Next game is proly going to be 2-3 hrs of real time play...I keep hoping they will play with the lee turning thing. Like have a moment where you have to help someone but every other second its like bite instead of help...so then u have the chance of losing control and killing someone accidentally...or on purpose lmao.

• Lol hehehe i really hope there is nothing with lee...Or gonna be like the movie you die like a hero and save everyone hehehe

• So I replayed the episode and kicked Mollys ass. Well worth the second play through. And FUCK Ben he is dying this time Clem will understand

• Does writer for this episode also have written episodes in tv show? cuz Clem in this episode reminded me very much of that annoying kid from tv show :D 36kdme.jpg

Also how did Clem get in that shed when she found the boat??? And how did a glass door hold like 20 zombies? Where did the zombies @ nurses station come from? Why did Vernon ask about taking Clem and then just disappeared?
    I dunno why, but I was more mad of them killing of Carley than Lee(maybe cuz hes not dead yet :D). So obviously Ben had to die. Also I actually found myself agreeing with Vernon about death in this "new world" and that you kinda get used to it, maybe that's why death didn't really bother me that much in this episode.
    Respect to Chuck.
    Molly was cool, was hoping that she would join us cuz she had mad skills.
    I almost started crying when i made Clem cry at the end though, for me that was one of the most powerful moments of all episodes, cuz I just had spoken with doc about leaving her.
    To bad that u have to make your choices that fast, cuz English isnt my native language and while i finish reading answers and think about what to say I sometimes miss it and dont say anything :D

All in all a good episode, but could have been better 7/10.

Will be interesting to see how the final episode will play out with Lee bitten, if you make Lee zombie hurt Clem I will kill you so don't get any funny ideas about doing that.

Add Comment