User Avatar Image

Vernon mentioning the train

posted by Barry Harry on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

At the end when the group leaves the school from the Roof, Vernon says something about the train.. 'did you get here with that train' or something.

I wonder why he mentioned that.. you can't ask him about it later when your in the manor...

He might seen the zombie horde walking towards town or something (that you see from the Vernon hideout)..

Anyone have clue?

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That sounds like the most plausible answer.
    It's part of the same horde that was dealt with earlier when you met Omid & Christa.
    Took them about a day (or so) on foot. Sounds about right. Cause IIRC at that time the group wasn't too far from Savannah when their path was blocked.

• I just thought it was strange he mentioned it when it had no reason for the main storyline..

Maybe it was just a hint that he seen that zombie horde coming and thats why he and his group left town... (in the case of him not taking Clem).. Still wont explain why they left so quickly... since he wanted Clem to stay there with his group

• There is the option that Lee say that he must go back to Clementine and Vernon ask about her. How can he know her ? About the walkie-talkie guy ?

Vernon ask questions that you later when you gave an answer know that he is like a "rat".

• It sounded like it had some significance.

My bet is that Vernon and his people took Clem on that train and went back. After all Vernon asks about his relative in Macon when he meets Lee.

But then again, I am always wrong when guessing what's next.

• Someone should photoshop Vernon holding a walkie talkie saying "I'm not Vernon if thats what you think"

• @Barry Harry said:
    Maybe it was just a hint that he seen that zombie horde coming and thats why he and his group left town...

I think this is the most likely.

• @CapnJay said: Someone should photoshop Vernon holding a walkie talkie saying "I'm not Vernon if thats what you think"

And then turning to his cancer survivor friends and saying, "I told him I'm not Vernon!" And then they all snicker behind their hands.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: And then turning to his cancer survivor friends and saying, "I told him I'm not Vernon!" And then they all snicker behind their hands.

In this Episode the old mute Black Cancer Survivor was played by Morgan Freeman.

• @CapnJay said: In this Episode the old mute Black Cancer Survivor was played by Morgan Freeman.

Mah Gawds...

• User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED

After replaying this part, in the escape from Crawford, Vernon asks :

Vernon: "You never came from the railroad, did you?"
    Lee: "Yes, why?"
    And then he says that obvious HINT:
    "Nevermind. I can see sewers from here".

My theory is that Vernon and his group, at the end of the episode, went out to the railroad to escape the city, using the train we used!

And he does not say, "Nervermind, I can see sewers from here", but "Nervermind. I can see (...)". There is a dot, which means he does not want to you to know why he asked that, not that he was looking for another way (the railroad is not at Crawford where this sequence played anyway)

Add Comment