User Avatar Image

Will ben be useless for episode 5?

posted by Luigi01080 on - last edited - Viewed by 546 users

so i saved ben even though kenny gave me the nod to drop him but will ben stay suicidal or will he be given a badass redemption in the finale?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gary Whitta said: Yeah, having Ben come along is SURE to help. Red Panda you are awesome buddy!

There. And thank you Gary.

• Will Ben be useless for Episode 5?

Just ask yourself, how useful has he been in the previous episodes? And then you'll have your answer. Unless he pulls something really heroic.

• I'm hoping Ben will help or at least sacrifice himself when all hope is lost. Hopefully he can act as a human shield or do some good.

• I don't think so. We'll get a few minutes more of dialogue with him before he dies a heroic death.

• @Wrighty said: I'm hoping Ben will help or at least sacrifice himself when all hope is lost. Hopefully he can act as a human shield or do some good.

But that's what he was trying to do at the end of Episode 4.

• When someone flips a coin five times in a row and each time it lands it's heads-up, everyone assumes that it's overdo to land on tails. Right? It must land on tails eventually? But that's not how statistics work - it's always going to be 50/50.

I bring this up, because Telltale has been doing a really good job of messing with our expectations. We all think he's vastly overdo to help out and save the day, because logically he must eventually, right? Buuuut... I'm not so sure that that's how it works.

• @DarcKage said: Will Ben be useless for Episode 5?

Just ask yourself, how useful has he been in the previous episodes? And then you'll have your answer. Unless he pulls something really heroic.

Yeah, but one might say, that if you think like that, you are like the Crawford people. They only try to save who they consider useful.

He's not a bad person, he is just a little thick.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: But that's what he was trying to do at the end of Episode 4.

Not really. Keeping Ben had no repercussions and I didn't think dropping him made much more sense than maybe Lee can't pull him up. I was also sure Ben made his decision largely because he felt like a liability and not because it made sense for the group.

Also I need him much more now for Clems sake.

• @bl4ckrider said: He's not a bad person, he is just a little thick.

Thick would imply he is too stubborn to listen or such, Kenny is thick, Ben is not thick, most of Ben's mistakes were caused by panick, fright, and lack of knowing what to do, He tries to help, he just doesn't Know HOW he could help!

The only time Ben was 'Thick' persay, was in the street with Clem, I think, but he was panicking there so its excused to me.

• @Luigi01080 said: so i saved ben even though kenny gave me the nod to drop him but will ben stay suicidal or will he be given a badass redemption in the finale?

Can't do something stupid when you're dead. On a side note, I just love it when people think that Ben is going to redeem himself. The guy has shown to be a coward and a detriment time and again. I don't think that is going to change.

Add Comment