User Avatar Image

The puzzel lvl of the new game

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 796 users

how hard are the puzzels going to be in the new game... like Sam and Max Hits the Road or like the Bone games???

I think the Bone games puzzels were way to easy..

i would like something like the old game...

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah I love being stuck on a puzzle..having to walk away..take a break from the game..and then while you are doin somethin else..an idea hits you..so you rush back and see if it works.. I don't think I've had to do that while playing a game since grim fandango.. :p

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah i did that once. I was in the shower and it hit me! So i ran over to the computer *in a towel* and put in the game and I tried it. And it worked. Yay!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]*sigh*

I'm never going to live this down. :([/quote]

Don't dispair!
    Those games still exist, are more than playable, and offer a very rewarding sense of gratification once completed.

If you get the chance, they're well worth looking into (as I'm sure other people have already told you)
    :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Oh yeah and Discworld 1/2 are perfect examples of fiendishly hard puzzle solving. I want a game not a point and click talking picture book.[/quote]

There -is- quite a big grey area between 'fiendishly hard puzzles' and 'talking picture book', you know.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Do it; get them off eBay or something.

I think SCUMVMM or whatever it's called allows you to play the older Lucasarts adventure games on Windows XP

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote][quote]
    There are plenty of old adventure games that I am planning to play, that I missed because I was to young. DOTT, Discworld, Full Throttle etc. Don't you dare spoiling them for me just because you think they are obsolete.[/quote]

Wow, what are you doing here then? If you've got those three games to play and more, you won't need anything else for a while. Discworld and Full Throttle aren't really that long, but DoTT'll have you playing for ages. If I recall correct.[/quote]

I'm here because I am a huge fan of adventure games, and want the genre to start living again.

But can't you just put a "spoilers inside" on threads like these? I hate the arrogance of people who think it's their right to spoil things for other people.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]But can't you just put a "spoilers inside" on threads like these? I hate the arrogance of people who think it's their right to spoil things for other people.[/quote]

Fair enough. Oh, and at the end of the game giant martians come down from outer space and zap everyone with their ray-guns, then the whole world blows up.

(I make a joke)

• I have the games. I'm playing Sam & Max with ScummVM right now.

Just don't have enough hours in the day...

• Do it at work and call it 'research'.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

My thoughts exactly.

Add Comment