User Avatar Image

So, why no new Bone games?

posted by Filthy Assistant on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm aware of the whole focusing on the great Sam and Max and crappy CSI games thing, but why stop Bone after The Great Cow Race? It isn't until after that when it would actually make a good game, since, you know that's when all the actual ADVENTURING starts.

Escaping from Rock Jaw, or perhaps controlling Phoney and Smiley while they're defending the city from the rat creatures (using puzzles, of course) would be more fun than hopping across stones as a bug. In fact, the minigames in general should be axed.

Just my opinion, though.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Art

@Molokov said: I think Emily already answered your question...

Hi,
    Oh,so they're going to make more bone games in the future.:o
    What is Sam & Max?:confused:

• @Art said: Hi,

... Uh, no. The answer was "We're not making any right now and we don't have any plans to do so." Basically, you won't see them for quite some time if at all.
    And how are you on here and not know what Sam & Max is?

• @Guybrush Threepwood said: As everybody knows, internet petitions always* work, so sign the one in my signature!

*not true.

I signed, you are ten short from 300!

• Don't forget there is a Warner brothers Bone movie in the works, so if ever there was a chance (and some new 3rd party funding) to reboot/restart the Bone game series, the movie would be it.

Also, this;

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189014.html

However, Telltale has seen its share of struggles, most notably in the aborted precursor to the Sam & Max series, Bone. After releasing two episodes of Bone in seven months, Telltale suspended development on the series because it simply wasn't getting traction.

"We were surprised at how difficult it was to sell to the age group that was best suited for Bone," Connors said, saying the company had trouble figuring out how to sell a game to children on the Internet. "With the right partnership, Bone would make a lot of sense, whether it's Scholastic, or Warner Bros., or even working with Nintendo to bring that to [Wii]. But self-publishing from the Telltale site, the Sam & Max audience was much more right to get our footing."

• User Avatar Image
    Art

@TrogLlama said: ... Uh, no. The answer was "We're not making any right now and we don't have any plans to do so." Basically, you won't see them for quite some time if at all.
    And how are you on here and not know what Sam & Max is?

Hi,

Um... That answers my bone, but not the sam and max one.:confused:
    so, just tell me what sam and max is.:mad:

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

Don't you have a thread in the Sam & Max forum asking that very question?

Yes you do! (and it has some posts with links to give you info)

Also just perusing Telltale's own Sam & Max page will give you some info too.

Um... That answers my bone, but not the sam and max one.:confused:
    so, just tell me what sam and max is.:mad:

Sam & Max are hybrid animals who solve cases and act violent
    *bows*

Hi, Why he hell do you keep saying "Hi?"

anyways, I played the games, and they're OK. Not as funny as Sam & max, but their Decent. I wouldn't hype over if they made a 3rd one though. No offense.

• me either, but i would like it released sense it's fun..a bit longer then Sam & Max
    but fun

• Well, and I think if they released a new Bone game (I so hope they do!), it would be much better than the first two. They did the first two before Sam and Max, and with all that experience, I'm sure the third Bone game would definitely outshine the first two.

I love Sam and Max and all, but I love the Bone story so much...I really hope the pick this up again in the future.

Add Comment