User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just say Playing Dead episode 7 and nobody asked whether this is the Lilly that is supposed to join Woodbury. I'm disappointed! Anyone knows the email or whatever I can sent my question, hoping it would be answered in episode 8?

• I thought he meant it was unlikely we'll see her again during this season, but no one has commented on what season two will bring yet.

• I don't get why Kenny couldn't have killed Larry just as he turns and starts rising up again rather than smashing his head in without any idea if he'll turn or make it, although I know he wanted an excuse to get rid of him.

• I must say it after the episode 4 and was on Lilly's side with that, that the idea with the boat is simply dumb (or not good).

How I miss Lilly :(

• @FoxxyFox said: I must say it after the episode 4 and was on Lilly's side with that, that the idea with the boat is simply dumb (or not good).

How I miss Lilly :(

I was laughing like crazy when I saw there were no boats... the idea was dumb from the very start. However, Kenny is the sort of person that insists that a bout would wait for him 3 months and more, just because he wants it to be that way...

• I hope that Lilly returns for one and only reason.

That is so that i can feel that my choices in the first 3 episodes matter, cause now the only choices that matter from the old episodes is how good you were with Kenny, THATS IT.

• @Dewin50 said: I hope that Lilly returns for one and only reason.

That is so that i can feel that my choices in the first 3 episodes matter, cause now the only choices that matter from the old episodes is how good you were with Kenny, THATS IT.

Well, that's the idea. Not all choices matter as it comes to result, because sometimes it is just out of your hand. It is the same with the idea that there aren't good and bad choices. You just make your own. I really like and enjoy that more than for example the choice system in SW Kotor where some choices are [light] and other [dark].
    When I know it is like that it kinda makes me go all light or all dark and it sorta kills the idea of choices.

• I hate Lilly so bad. I wish that I could have shot her in the head back when she killed Carley. She deserves a fate worse than death. She is a cold blooded murderer and I would like to see her getting chewed on horrifically by a horde of walkers.

• @LokiHavok said: I hate Lilly so bad. I wish that I could have shot her in the head back when she killed Carley. She deserves a fate worse than death. She is a cold blooded murderer and I would like to see her getting chewed on horrifically by a horde of walkers.

I don't think she walks out of the prison fwiw.

Add Comment