User Avatar Image

Always been on Kenny's side - he stays behind ??

posted by TripleZero on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Ok, i dont get this.

Ive always been on kenny's side literally.

Helped kill larry, defended duck etc.

Still he refuses to come with me?

I helped him with duck been honest with him, still he says "you looked out for me in the beginning but recently i kept looking out for myself instead than me"

WTF

I checked all my episode stats, and i was always on his side...

79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have played through all four episodes with Kenny on my side. The only times I decided to not side with him was at Hershal's farm, the Meat Locker, and Ben. I can't get Kenny on my side no matter what I do. Also, what is better for Kenny, for him to shoot Duck or for me to shoot duck. Same question for the child zombie in the attic. I also tested letting Ben die, and he was glad to come with me, saying "You have always been there for my family" or something along those lines, while if I don't kill Ben, he says "I don't even remember the last time you even tried to help my family". I want to keep Ben alive and have Kenny join me, but I also don't want to replay through the entire game again(Had to play through it over the past day because of a corrupt save).

• @TripleZero said: Ok, i dont get this.

Ive always been on kenny's side literally.

Helped kill larry, defended duck etc.

Still he refuses to come with me?

I helped him with duck been honest with him, still he says "you looked out for me in the beginning but recently i kept looking out for myself instead than me"

WTF

I checked all my episode stats, and i was always on his side...

He said the same thing when i saved Ben. When i didin't save Ben he was like "I'll be with you till the end"

• Kenny's a 3D character. He's an asshole, but sometimes he steps up.

• His line about "what have you done for me lately" really seems to show you a lot about his character. He told me he wasn't coming with me but would save me a spot on the boat even bit. Was kind of an emotional moment seeing as I wanted no one to come with me & then all these people (except Ben) were with me to the end to at least some extent.

• I really disliked Kenny in 2, 3, and most of 4 but he came around in the end of this episode. We were almost at odds in everything but he agreed to come with me because I was always good to his family. Coulda brought Ben, but didnt wanna lose Kenny (who I figured would be way more useful) and I didnt wanna push Christa and Omid into comming, since this is pretty much a suicide mission with a sleeper zombie.

• i get the feeling that its some really retarded point system thats collecting even minor shit throughout the episodes and you need a specific number of those. as in 5+ for being able to persuade him with the family thing, or 20+ for him to come along because of your friendship.

So yeah you might have 29 points then you save ben and thats lets say -10 and hes at 19 points.

Despite the fact you've always helped him it triggers the comment "you havent been there for me blablabla"

Thats how i think it is anyway.

• Well, it was fine for me. I only started to side with him near the end of Ep3 so he told me "you know you think we've been seeing eye-to-eye lately but noooooope. Will wait for you in the boat unless shit gets crazy but not coming!" (not literal, but pretty much what he said).

I didn't use the "Clem's my family" line, though. Also, Omid and Christa were like "can't trust yah".

I let Ben die.

Ep4 will be really lonely for me.

Damnit.

• I think some might have glitched games. My first episode four game was pro Kenny but the game glitched, took up all my save slots and I think my decisions went saved either. So today I finished my second play through of all the episodes, do the same stuff I did before and suddenly Kenny gives me the bro speech. Either my first game was glitched or it registers small conversations and makes them add up.

• Seeing how many issues people are having with saves, I'm sure a lot of decisions got screwed up. TTG seriously needs to fix their shit. Save issues are THE WORST.

• @YamiRaziel said: So, I should die because I prefer Lilly over Kenny? Wow...

Kenny never killed anyone in cold blood? *Cough* Larry *Cough*... Not to mention all the rest he killed indirectly...

*COUGH*Carley*COUGH*

Add Comment