User Avatar Image

Interesting trivia from the wiki about the stranger...

posted by -Anna- on - last edited - Viewed by 5.8K users

This is a quote from the wikipedia about walkie talkies.

'Another theory is that the man took it from Clementine's parents, this can be supported by Diana through the answer machine, saying Ed had a little "incident" with some crazy guy near the hotel, although this could have been a zombie.'

I haven't considered that the referenced 'crazy guy' could have been the crazy guy who was communicating with Clementine. Up to this point I had always interpreted 'crazy guy' as a walker.

Thoughts? Perhaps Clementine's creepy friend is a long-term stalker!

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • From the first time I heard the answer machine message the quote from Clem's Mum "some crazy guy" I had the feeling he was alive/not a walker but a real person and so Clems Dad could still be alive too.

    Clem had two walkie talkies at home so the thory may work if they had a set of four and the parents took one with them.

    I also thought crazy guy could be Crawfords leader who losing his community has reset his rules about kids?

  • @Phantom Command said: From the first time I heard the answer machine message the quote from Clem's Mum "some crazy guy" I had the feeling he was alive/not a walker but a real person and so Clems Dad could still be alive too.

    Clem had two walkie talkies at home so the thory may work if they had a set of four and the parents took one with them.

    I also thought crazy guy could be Crawfords leader who losing his community has reset his rules about kids?

    I forgot about the other walkie talkie. Thanks for mentioning that detail. It is interesting information to consider. c:

    Oh, I thought Crawford was a walker. (I thought he was found inside the Crawford bell.) Or maybe that walker just looked very similar. :P

  • Crawford Is a walker he was hanged by the bell.

  • I'm pretty sure that walkie-talkie guy is connected to Vernon in some way. There is NO REASON why Vernon and his people would pack up and leave a safe area if they hadn't been thinking that Lee would try to pick up their trail there. I'm thinking that while Vernon may (or may not) be the walkie-talkie guy, I think that the guy that has Clem is a member of his group that you didn't meet when Lee finds the fallout shelter.

    That being said, I still blame Clem for leaving Lee- walkie talkie guy may have snatched her, but she KNEW it wasn't cool to go with him.

    And she indirectly responsible for endangering the group and for the imminent death of Lee.

  • @chaz99 said: I'm pretty sure that walkie-talkie guy is connected to Vernon in some way. There is NO REASON why Vernon and his people would pack up and leave a safe area if they hadn't been thinking that Lee would try to pick up their trail there. I'm thinking that while Vernon may (or may not) be the walkie-talkie guy, I think that the guy that has Clem is a member of his group that you didn't meet when Lee finds the fallout shelter.

    That being said, I still blame Clem for leaving Lee- walkie talkie guy may have snatched her, but she KNEW it wasn't cool to go with him.

    And she indirectly responsible for endangering the group and for the imminent death of Lee.

    If the herd followed the train, that could have been what Vernon saw on the bell tower and what made him flee town..

  • @Phantom Command said: From the first time I heard the answer machine message the quote from Clem's Mum "some crazy guy" I had the feeling he was alive/not a walker but a real person and so Clems Dad could still be alive too.

    Clem had two walkie talkies at home so the thory may work if they had a set of four and the parents took one with them.

    I also thought crazy guy could be Crawfords leader who losing his community has reset his rules about kids?

    It may have happened like that but why would Clementine's parents have taken a walkie-talkie with them? They could'nt have used it to talk with Clementine, the range would be too great. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been using them to talk with one another, thats why we have cell phones. The "crazy guy" I always took as being a walker and that it attacked and bit Clementine's father. And as already stated by another the walker swinging from the bell look as though it may be Oberon if you compare it with the picture from the school.

  • @ColtPeacemaker00 said: I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been using them to talk with one another, thats why we have cell phones. .

    Do cell phones even exist in this universe? That'd make the whole walkie-talkie thing kinda dumb.

    Also, this is a bit off-topic, but why is the wiki posting left-field theories? Yeah, it's a cool theory and all, but it's hardly "Trivia", or wherever it was posted.

  • @Bralef said: Do cell phones even exist in this universe? That'd make the whole walkie-talkie thing kinda dumb.

    Also, this is a bit off-topic, but why is the wiki posting left-field theories? Yeah, it's a cool theory and all, but it's hardly "Trivia", or wherever it was posted.


    Yes. People have both now, in the real world. I don't see how owning walkie talkies, when you own a mobile is dumb.

  • Not to mention that all phone networks would be inoperable and nonfunctioning in a zombie apocalypse...

  • The way I remember it, Glenn took off after EP1 with the other talkie to Atlanta. So there is a possibility that the unknown voice is from someone we just havent met yet. I'm interested in seeing how TT justifies who this person is and how he just so happened to get a walkie able to talk to Clem while we were at the motor inn and in Savannah. I've had walkie talkies and CB's and they do NOT have that sort of range in real life.

    I guess TT could just make it work for the purpose of the 'game'!!!

Add Comment