User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm really attached to Lee. If he dies I might go all rebel on telltale.
    x)

• I don't really get the complaints about Lee being taken unaware by the Walker. It showed how fragile life can be and how easily it can sometimes end.

• @FarmerJoe said: I don't really get the complaints about Lee being taken unaware by the Walker. It showed how fragile life can be and how easily it can sometimes end.

In that case, I suppose you'd be fine if he just died from a stray bullet in the first episode?

• @Accall said: In that case, I suppose you'd be fine if he just died from a stray bullet in the first episode?

No because then there wouldn't be episodes 2-5, so if Telltale did that, there would be some legal problems. If someone else died from a stray bullet, then yes I would be perfectly fine with that.

Heck, it DID happen, that is how Doug dies if you save him.

• @Juicymarmalade said: Oh and I forgot to mention, how are they going to replace Lee in the announced second season of the game when everyone's grown attached to him and what not?

easily fixed by changing all the characters

• @Juicymarmalade said: Oh and I forgot to mention, how are they going to replace Lee in the announced second season of the game when everyone's grown attached to him and what not?

They're probably going to set the season 2's protagonist as Clem as I've predicted some time ago.. They already announced that our saves from s1 will be imported into s2..
    I'm really sad to see I guessed right about Lee..

The exact same way this game used Lee when everyone was used to Rick...

• @zgamer said: I dunno, it wouldn't feel so weird if it wasn't being sold as "well, that's that and nothing you can do now" situation without someone trying to reason it out. Kenny tried to reason a way to deal with Duck's bite, they tried to help Irene find an alternate solution before ultimately deciding yes or no to shoot her. It just seemed like they gave up very easy.

Perhaps that's why they gave up so easily with Lee; they'd already seen how bites work. Duck was the first bite victim of the group, and as much as Kenny tried/hoped, there wasn't anything they could do. When they shot Duck, they had to have come to terms with the fact that bites are fatal.

Plus, they weren't exactly in a hurry with Duck, aside from getting the train started. Lee got bitten right after he realized Clementine was taken. As he said, there wasn't really any time to worry about him when Clementine was in danger.

• but no one is like other...maybe can't be a bite it was no much blood i think...But lets wait to epi 5 i really want to know what will happen

• It's funny, halfway through the Ep. 4 I was pretty sure, that Lee would die at the end of Ep.5 and what do you know? I was right. :D

Add Comment