User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 14K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: Oh hey woah you're alive?!

That's such a shocker?
    How's TSLRCM going?
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm
    Pretty much done...

• @Hassat Hunter said: That's such a shocker?

I honestly don't remember seeing you around here since not long after Tales winded down.

@Hassat Hunter said: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm
    Pretty much done...

I downloaded 1.8. Things were going amazingly until I got the "Two Atrises" bug and had no idea how to fix it. One person seemed to have fixed it with an NPC-killing mod, but any links to download that one lead to a dead site. :(

• @Rather Dashing said: I honestly don't remember seeing you around here since not long after Tales winded down.

Well, there have been pauses but I was around. For Puzzle Agent, and Hector... not that active though.
    I downloaded 1.8. Things were going amazingly until I got the "Two Atrises" bug and had no idea how to fix it. One person seemed to have fixed it with an NPC-killing mod, but any links to download that one lead to a dead site. :(
    You're using Achilles game rebalance mod? I suppose so, since that's the only cause I know. Uninstall, then try again from a save before entering the academy (that time, not all the way back at the start :)).

• @Hassat Hunter said: You're using Achilles game rebalance mod? I suppose so, since that's the only cause I know. Uninstall, then try again from a save before entering the academy (that time, not all the way back at the start :)).

I'm actually only using TSLRCM and a tweak to get the game running at 1920x1080.

Speaking of 1920x1080, the really amazing-looking environment screenshot for Project Eternity is now my new desktop background.

• I know. That's such a gorgeous image, isn't it?

• That game cannot come quickly enough.

None of them can, actually.

• If you've ever seen a really pretty pre-rendered non-gameplay video game trailer, it was probably done by Blur Studios. Now they want to make a feature film called The Goon, and it looks pretty good.

The Kickstarter itself, though, from a rewards perspective? Not so much. No access to anything behind-the-scenes until $25, no physical goods until $75, and absolutely no copies of the film, digital or otherwise, anywhere in the reward line-up. Still, this is a movie I'd like to see made.

• They won't ship the t-shirts outside the US. NO DEAL.

Seriously though - the reason there's no copies of the film as a reward is that you're not funding the film. You're funding the PITCH. Or, rather, a feature length story reel (that's what you get when you string together all the storyboards with voices and sound effects to show what the proper film will be like, in case you didn't know).

It looks like an interesting film and if it gets made I'll probably go see it, but there's a lot of 'ifs' in this thing. There's no guarantee that, even with the story reel, it'll get made into a feature film. I hope it does, but...

• Damn them! Blur should team up with Blizzard and make the definitive 3D-animated "Warcraft"-film.

• @Rather Dashing said: I'm actually only using TSLRCM and a tweak to get the game running at 1920x1080.

Well, I never heard of anyone encountering it without that mod. It's cause the files in that mod in override are based on the vanilla fight, and thus mess up what's been majorly changed.
    But without any modifications, it should just run as we made it :/

Add Comment