User Avatar Image

Is Lee's death/zombification inevitable?

posted by Juicymarmalade on - last edited - Viewed by 6.9K users

This is probably a stupid question since nobody in the Walking Dead universe has survived a walker bite but just curious. Is there no way he can just chop off his hand or does the bite spread very quickly? I just don't want him to die because he seems like the only one who can take care of Clementine and it would seem weird for someone like Kenny to do it. Unless her parents are alive, which I doubt.

Also, how come he wasn't already feeling ill after the bite? Duck started feeling down right after they left the motor inn on the RV while Lee was able to talk normally and make the trip to the morgue to find Clementine.

So yeah, is he hopeless or is there a slim chance the devs will defile the lore and get him cured?

114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Im not one to cry or argue about killing Lee off, but I have to admit, the scene where Lee was bitten just makes me wonder.

Maybe just me, but during that scene, I just didnt see Lee react to a 'bite' not like it hurt.. and the bite mark, to me, almost looked more like the walkers bloody teethmarks but didnt break the skin. I'm not not 100% convinced it was a real bite!

I think proably 99% chance it was, just the way the scene played out!

But then why would Lee have the option to hide or reveal the bite?

I think in following the whole ZA, it's more than reasonable our hero dies, that im good with it.. Just cant help but wonder if there's a slight chance for a twist!

• It sucks that Lee has been bit. But every good thing has to end. I wish it hadnt happened but at the same time Im ok with it. I am along for the ride and its going to be really interesting!

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I was also thinking that the bite didn't break through the skin at the time, but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part lol.

agreed!

• Yeah, considering Lee never reacted to the bite until AFTER he saw blood, and not really a bite mark, you never know. But if that was a bite, Lee is dead. Only hope is that Lee is blind along with being clumsy, but that seems like a horrible ending. "Oh wait guys, not a bite, whoops!"

• @Gman5852 said: Yeah, considering Lee never reacted to the bite until AFTER he saw blood, and not really a bite mark, you never know. But if that was a bite, Lee is dead. Only hope is that Lee is blind along with being clumsy, but that seems like a horrible ending. "Oh wait guys, not a bite, whoops!"

Yeah, plus, how would they figure that out? There's no set time period for infection or anything. Even if it turned out not to be a bite, Lee would probably have been left behind/shot himself before he figured it out.

• I think it's kind of pointless to kill off Lee, but whatever. If you guys didn't see this coming then shame on you.

• i would just like to see lee live some how, forget all that crap on how it wouldn't be realistic or true to the comic i just hope they do it in some way that isn't like "i say that coming" sort of way like it was a dream he was having when he fell asleep and it ends with lee, clem and all the people u let on the boat riding off into the river because if it ends with lee just dieing then what was the point in having kenny and the whole group risking their lives for getting suppiles for the boat and omid. which brings to another question maybe season 2 is with the same characters traveling west because going to crawford would have been for nothing if lee just dies trying or after he saves clem

• i would just like to see lee live some how, forget all that crap on how it wouldn't be realistic or true to the comic i just hope they do it in some way that isn't like "i say that coming" sort of way like it was a dream he was having when he fell asleep and it ends with lee, clem and all the people u let on the boat riding off into the river because if it ends with lee just dieing then what was the point in having kenny and the whole group risking their lives for getting suppiles for the boat and omid. which brings to another question maybe season 2 is with the same characters traveling west because going to crawford would have been for nothing if lee just dies trying or after he saves clem

• @Galdis said: I think it's kind of pointless to kill off Lee, but whatever. If you guys didn't see this coming then shame on you.

Alot of us saw this coming around Episode 1.. Sure it was all just a guess then how the season would end, so I'm not surprised at all.. It's just that the way the scene was done, leaves it open for speculation!

If TT had made it a close-up of the walker ripping away a huge chunk of Lee's wrist and he yelled, we wouldnt be having this discussion!

• He can survive but there is only two options

1) Chop off his arm and hope he survives the shock of it

2) Somebody has a cure

#2 Is highly unlikely

#1 is more believeble and possible an it also can get him to season 2 atleast for the first episode of it cause like i said he has to battle the shock and fever that comes with choping off his arm.

Add Comment