User Avatar Image

Can't download episode 4

posted by randomblack1 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

When I click on "Get" in the in-game downloader, it gives me an error message saying "Check internet connection". My internet connection is obviously good, though... Any ideas?

218 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just received response from Telltale about this downloading issue..they state they are working on solution and when sending emails about this problem to reference "issue 64096"

• Same here, all fine with Episode 1-3, now I cant download anything of episode 4... come on tellgate, you wanted this stupid idea with logging in and downloading each episode, so fix it

• @wminscoe7 said: I just received response from Telltale about this downloading issue..they state they are working on solution and when sending emails about this problem to reference "issue 64096"

Well that's finally a bit of good news. Shot them an email as well but hopefully this will lead to the solution we are all hoping for.

• Just had a thought... do TellTale work weekends? If they don't get it fixed today we may have to wait till Monday (or longer) :(

• @thebigbad said: Yeah this doesn't work for me either. I downloaded the files (from the other thread since those links are busted) and it installed all well and good, even allowed me to launch the game. But the graphics were all fucked and after I closed the game and launched it again it was back to not being installed and once again I "lost my connection to the internet".

If you tried downloading the sites I gave you that wouldn't help since those are just copied and so by copying only the text got copied and not the exact file.

Here's the correct way of doing this:

First of all make a back up of the entire folder in the Mydocuments/Telltale Games..........just in case something goes wrong

After you backed them up go here

Then scroll down and find the title marked as Manual Download.
    Download the files according to the episode you want to download.

After downloading the files place them in their location, specified in the description.

Then afterwards go to %userprofile%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Temp and delete that temp file inside.

Then enter the game and go to download content. You'll see "GET" and as soon as you click on it, it would be marked as installed. Go back to the main menu and it should allow you to play

• Around Every Corner... there's some poor soul that can't download.

• Looks like, for me, the episode 4 download just started working again. It got further than ever before, 20%, and hasn't stopped yet. :o

Edit: FFFFUUUUUUUU

• Last post worked for me. At least it says installed, haven't played it yet.

Thanks spawner

• @Skimbleshanks said: Last post worked for me. At least it says installed, haven't played it yet.

Thanks spawner

No problem mate. Go check it out ;)

• @weejocky said: Just had a thought... do TellTale work weekends? If they don't get it fixed today we may have to wait till Monday (or longer) :(

I read a post by one of the mods during the release of episode 3. I don't remember if Telltale works 8 to 5 or 9 to 6, but I'm pretty certain he said they don't work weekends. So we have either 1 hour and 15 minutes, or 2 hours and 15 minutes for this to work, or we are out of luck for the weekend I'm afraid.

Add Comment