User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 22.4K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TikiLouie said: Ok, so the save corruption happened to someone at the end of the game?
    Mine happened in the (may be a spoiler, might not be... skip if you want) school hallway on my way to search the zombie doctor for a tape.
    I was so upset... not that I have to replay the game to get the story decisions I initially had, but that it happened before I could finish this chapter I've been dying to play.
    It erased all three of my save files so I'm not even sure what happened.

Any response from the tech team?

no response, they are terrified. I wouldnt be surprised if someone filed a class-action lawsuit sometime soon demanding their money back bc they didnt receive a product they paid for. Personally, whatever, its $20 and its a video game, but some people might be inclined to take more action.

• @marcu5 said: ignoring it, pretending like it doesn't exist

We're looking into the PS3 save corruption issue. We don't have anything to say yet because a fix isn't in place yet, but we are more than aware that it's happening.

• @Jake said: We're looking into the PS3 save corruption issue. We don't have anything to say yet because a fix isn't in place yet, but we are more than aware that it's happening.

can u confirm if my saved data and decisions are retreivable or if theres no way to get it back?

• @Jake said: We're looking into the PS3 save corruption issue. We don't have anything to say yet because a fix isn't in place yet, but we are more than aware that it's happening.

ok....so do your customers not get an apology? Can we be refunded? What's the deal? How is this all that is said? I still have not received and e-mail from customer support. It's also nice to see TT doesn't even pick up the phone. Thank you for sending me directly to Matt's voice mail.

Are you also aware of the problems that many many pc users are having with the faulty product?

• @mkane24 said: ok....so do your customers not get an apology? Can we be refunded? What's the deal? How is this all that is said? I still have not received and e-mail from customer support. It's also nice to see TT doesn't even pick up the phone. Thank you for sending me directly to Matt's voice mail.

Demanding an apology is not an appropriate way to get one. And the fact that multiple people are probably going to start responding to Jake's post -- I'm guessing some of them with nasty responses -- is probably why TT has been silent while they hash these problems out. Because they don't want to create a firestorm of forum posts. And I agree with them.

Customer support is made up of human beings. There are only a limited number of these human beings available to respond to emails. These humans also need sleep, and food, and do not have the time to respond to every single email instantly. I know this because I am, in fact, also a human being who requires such things.

Before anyone leaps down my throat, I'm not a Telltale employee and though I sympathize with all of the people having technical problems, you've also come to a thread where TT designers and writers answer questions about scripting, plotting and things like that. Not technical questions. There's a thread for that.

These guys made a game that everyone on these forums LOVES. Realize they're a small company with limited resources and that they're likely trying their best, and show them a little damn respect. Or feel free to flame me for writing this if that makes you feel better.

• @Mandosaro said: Are you also aware of the problems that many many pc users are having with the faulty product?

Need more specifics than that.

Also as I've said a couple times, this thread isn't a tech support / purchase support thread. This is for questions about the game content with the game developers! There is an entire separate forum for tech support issues. I honestly don't know the answers to a lot of those questions, so by posting them here you are wasting your breath! If you post in the support forum or write to support@telltalegames.com you are more likely to be heard by someone who can fix your problem than by posting it here. I am doing my best to help you guys though!

• Isn't it Ian McShane, Al Swearengen, god, it's like I'm waiting for him to say "c*cks*ck*r!"?

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Vernon

• @Jake said: Need more specifics than that.

Also as I've said a couple times, this thread isn't a tech support / purchase support thread. This is for questions about the game content with the game developers! There is an entire separate forum for tech support issues. I honestly don't know the answers to a lot of those questions, so by posting them here you are wasting your breath! If you post in the support forum or write to support@telltalegames.com you are more likely to be heard by someone who can fix your problem than by posting it here. I am doing my best to help you guys though!

Cheers, I'll post something there. Thanks :)

• @Jake said: Need more specifics than that.

Plenty of posts in the so called support thread about download problems going unanswered :rolleyes:

Add Comment