User Avatar Image

You know what? I'm sick of this.

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 837 users

All these people here who go around saying "all I care about is survival" and "I hope this guy dies and I don"t care" and other things like, just, fuck 'em.
On the TV show, Dale's death hit me so goddamn hard. "Losing our humanity, that's a choice". When Dale died, those words really drove home with me. So you know what? I'm nice to everyone. I save everyone. I care about everyone. and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn into fucking Shane Walsh(asshole) and drop a salt lick on a living man's head, kill a man after I broke his entire life, Force a man to shoot his own son, agree with a crazed bitch, or let Ben die because of fucking goddamn Kenny. I'm sick of Kenny. Ben does not deserve to die. And I'll kill off every walker in America before I let Doug die for nothing. I'm done with this "Survival of the fittest" shit. We keep our humanity.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If you're willing to kill another man to preserve your humanity, do you have any humanity left to preserve?

    What if Kenny was choking Ben to death, and the only option would be to kill Kenny to save Ben's life. What would you do?

  • I didn't think that forcing Kenny to kill duck was an anti-humane action. Given the situation, the act was more like euthanasia; Kenny gets to be the one who sends Duck off to peace. <3

    Also I thought Lilly just needed compassion. She lost her mother, father and consequently became mentally unstable and untrustworthy of group members. She just needed support for the tough time. :c

    I guess it's all about perspective! :D

  • Wow. I guess it really bothers the OP that other people see things in a way that they don't. That is sort of what makes the world go around...people with differing perspectives.

    There is no humanity when you are dead. Because you cease to BE. Surviving equals humanity and humanity is evolutionary based on the set of circumstances the human or group is living in.

    If there were no survival of the fittest, it is more than likely that YOU wouldn't be here now.

  • In a zombie apocalypse i say Survival at all costs, Your "Humanity" doesn't really help you

  • @LadyJ said: Wow. I guess it really bothers the OP that other people see things in a way that they don't. That is sort of what makes the world go around...people with differing perspectives.

    There is no humanity when you are dead. Because you cease to BE. Surviving equals humanity and humanity is evolutionary based on the set of circumstances the human or group is living in.

    If there were no survival of the fittest, it is more than likely that YOU wouldn't be here now.

    Yeah, you got a point there, however, I'm pretty sure it IS possible to sirvive keeping your humanity. OP, I applaud you.

  • @Zombies are Awesome! said: In a zombie apocalypse i say Survival at all costs, Your "Humanity" doesn't really help you

    Odd, you really sound like Lilly, surviving over everything else :p

  • Enjoy your "humanity" while you have it then because this is one series where those who don't adapt don't last long. Ben might not deserve to die but he doesn't deserve to be part of the group when he's indirectly responsible for 3 deaths in Ep. 3, another death in Ep. 4, abandoning Clem at the start of Ep. 4, and endangering the group numerous times. Crawford took things to an extreme, but the opposite end of sparing the St. John brothers when they can still come back for revenge, or keeping around a liability who harmed your group worse than the the walkers or St. Johns did isn't any better, IMO.

  • @Demopan said: All these people here who go around saying "all I care about is survival" and "I hope this guy dies and I don"t care" and other things like, just, fuck 'em.
    On the TV show, Dale's death hit me so goddamn hard. "Losing our humanity, that's a choice". When Dale died, those words really drove home with me. So you know what? I'm nice to everyone. I save everyone. I care about everyone. and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn into fucking Shane Walsh(asshole) and drop a salt lick on a living man's head, kill a man after I broke his entire life, Force a man to shoot his own son, agree with a crazed bitch, or let Ben die because of fucking goddamn Kenny. I'm sick of Kenny. Ben does not deserve to die. And I'll kill off every walker in America before I let Doug die for nothing. I'm done with this "Survival of the fittest" shit. We keep our humanity.

    Humanity isnt really part of human nature, if other people are doing it yeah, but if the majority says, humanity is wrong, they will follow (e.g. crawford)

  • I stood by Kenny until the meat locker. I killed the St. Johns. I put Duck down since no father should ever have to endure that. I've been honest to Clementine. {she's not stupid} I've fought hard for my team even Ben. I didn't let him die when I had the chance. Now That Son of A Bitch who has Clem is about to see what happens when you face down a Team and I'll know that when i'm gone Clem will be safe

  • @Demopan said: All these people here who go around saying "all I care about is survival" and "I hope this guy dies and I don"t care" and other things like, just, fuck 'em.
    On the TV show, Dale's death hit me so goddamn hard. "Losing our humanity, that's a choice". When Dale died, those words really drove home with me. So you know what? I'm nice to everyone. I save everyone. I care about everyone. and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn into fucking Shane Walsh(asshole) and drop a salt lick on a living man's head, kill a man after I broke his entire life, Force a man to shoot his own son, agree with a crazed bitch, or let Ben die because of fucking goddamn Kenny. I'm sick of Kenny. Ben does not deserve to die. And I'll kill off every walker in America before I let Doug die for nothing. I'm done with this "Survival of the fittest" shit. We keep our humanity.

    I get what your saying regarding Dale.. He was the moral fiber of the group and tried to maintain not only his humanity, but the rest of the group's as well.

    However, in the end, it really didnt serve him well.. Nor did Shane's losing his.
    How about Sophia? Proably the most sweet, innocent character.. She never did anyone harm. Walkers didnt care!

    Point is, the humanity thing is pointless! Walkers dont care how nice or mean you are, Bandit's and Cannibles, don't care.

    I think it's easy to argue over humanity when you really dont have the worries. Try waking up one day and find yourself in the middle of a ZA.. go through the same or similar things as the characters and see how long your humanity serves you!

Add Comment