User Avatar Image

Troubles downloading Walking Dead episode 4

posted by fallonbear409gmail.com on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I love the walking dead games, i truly do, but there is one problem i always seem to have... The downloading. It happened with episode 2 the first time and it took days to download. A message saying "Connection lost while downloading data. Please ensure you have a working internet connection and re-attempt download." and whats worse is it doesn't go anywhere! It starts at 0.00% (Which is probably not supposed to happen...) and then flashes to 10% for a millisecond then the message pops up. I don't know what i did to make Episode 2 work but i think it had something to do with me re-downloading the entire game. But i really don't want to do that now, with all the progress I've made. I really just want to play the game and i would expect more from a website that specializes has downloadable games. i really hope this problem gets fixed because the sooner i can play the game the better. Thanks.

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same for me. No problem with episodes 1 2 and 3 and then... Connection lost on epsiode 4 before it even tries to download anything...

And YES my internet connection is working fine ! (for everything else)

• I'm on the PC version - running Windows 7 64-bit. Have downloaded and played the first three episodes just fine. Episode four does not even try to download and comes up with the error message that has been repeated in this thread. Seems there is a definite problem with their delivery system in game or on their end.:confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

• Just found this : http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33233

It worked for me so give it a try !

(I downloaded the files, did not use python script)

• Still can't Download the episode because it says I have no internet connection. But I clearly am on the internet as I am making this post...

I dont understand why TWD hates me so much...

XD

• I cannot download episode 4 ! What is going on !!!! WANNA PLAY !

• @Blanol said: Just found this : http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33233

It worked for me so give it a try !

(I downloaded the files, did not use python script)

I thought it worked (said installed), but went to Play, and the button said "Get" and wouldn't connect. Crappy.

I was surprised to see in my PC Game that it was telling me to go to the Playstation Store to download it. Telltale needs to fix this ASAP for everyone.

• @CJDJ said: I thought it worked (said installed), but went to Play, and the button said "Get" and wouldn't connect. Crappy.

I was surprised to see in my PC Game that it was telling me to go to the Playstation Store to download it. Telltale needs to fix this ASAP for everyone.

I just deleted the file in the Temp dir, downloaded the files in data\WalkingDead104
    and the ran the game. The "get" button when clicked changed to "installed" and I was able to play episode 4 (with my savegames)

Just read carefully the install instructions

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Here's a simple workaround for the instant "connection lost" issue.

• This sucks, I have had issues before with downloading previous eps but they would throw the error at 60% or so and a retry would end with a successful download, however this eps 4 cannot get anything 0%

• It's not only PC, I'm on a Mac and can't download episode 4 either.
    For all you people who are new to this problem: Welcome! Come join the frustration team.
    I myself have only last week been able to download episode 3, after a month of trying. But, here comes the good part... The download works, but now my saves aren't recognized anymore, so I have to start all over if I want to play episode 3. Well, I like the game, so if I can find the time somewhere in the next couple of months, that's not a big deal. Shitty thing is, I can't download episode 4, so I'm back at the beginning of my problems again.

Add Comment