User Avatar Image

I hate you, TellTale. I really do.

posted by crash665 on - last edited - Viewed by 600 users

1. I'm a grown-ass man. When I told Clem that we might not have time to search for her parents, and she started crying, turned away from me when I tried to reach out....... I almost teared up. I'm a grown-ass man and nearly cried because of this. I hate you, TTG.

2. This isn't a game. It's a damn awful experience. I spend the whole time worrying about the people in the group and what could happen to them. I get angry when something might happen to Clem. I worry and fret even after I get through.

3. See #1. I've played games for a long time. A LONG time. (I had a Magnavox Odyessy 2 - look it up.) There have been plenty of games that I've enjoyed and loved playing. Some, I play multiple times because I enjoy it. But, TTG, I have never CARED for a game, more specifically the characters in the game. You have accomplished what - in my opinion - no one ever has before: You made players give a damn about the game, not just a "I don't want my characters to die because I spent a lot of time building up their stats" either; but I honestly don't want anything bad to happen to them. Even that idiot Ben. I saved him. I still believed that Lilly could be saved, too - at least until she drove off with the RV.

4. But, most importantly, I hate you because Lee got bit. How can you do that to us? What if we don't find Clem's mom? What will happen to Clem? That dork Omid? Kenny? Certainly not Kenny. Who will protect her?

You're all a bunch of ass holes. Thanks for making the best game I have ever played. ( I still hate you. )

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You should read the comic, if you don't already... you'll have equal hate for Kirkman.

• I can't believe how some review sites gave 7 or 8 for a 9.5 episode! (game even) and I'm really cutting that half point for technical issues regarding downloading of episodes & the long delay of episode 2's release.
    Damn you Telltale! I'm playing other games and I'm STILL thinking about the bite scene!!!! I don't know how I will be able to bear with the finale in this mood!!
    and GARY WHITTA! YOU KILLED ME!!! YOU PUT BLOOD ON MY DAUGHTER'S HAT AND GOT HER KIDNAPPED!!! NOT COOL MAN! NOT COOL!

• I haven't read the comics but think I might have to do so.

• me too. This was definitely the best one yet. The dialogue choices were so much better than the last three. The answer you give make more sense instead of saying, "hey...that's not what I was trying to say" after I made a dialogue choice.

Also, never played a game where I really cared about the characters as much as I do. I am really sad that Lee got bit and am sad that you are going to kill him off. I wish there was a way for him not to go. You guys really breathed life into this character but hey, it's your game.

Anyway, really good job team! This chapter had a good blend of shootouts, puzzles, character development and choices. BTW, those zombies pounding and growling by glass door in the school really scared the crap out of me. I kept walking by it and saying to myself, "man do I hope that door holds."

I hope you folks just keep on making episode after episode. What an amazing game you have made!

• I finished it a couple hours ago and was numb. Still am.

I knew that ending was coming (as did everyone on the forums really, what with all the prediction threads etc.) but it was still a cold knife to the gut.

Episode 5 is really going to destroy us. God damn it I love you, Telltale Games.

• I feel you bro. TTG has really outdone themselves. But still I do agree. WHY TTG, WHY!!??!

• TTG could do something no game has ever done, make me cry for something that happened in a game, managed to leave me with an immense hatred for certain characters and love others, managed to make me so angry, VERY VERY sad and happy too!
    TTG is incredible for making a game like that!

• You are a grown ass man, this much I have learnt.

• I thought I was just PMSing because I was so over-emotional in this episode...Glad to know grown men are willing to spill their heart over a bucket of ice cream with me on this!

• Fine..I cried when Clem cried. Mostly because I felt like my decisions made her cry. I let Ben die because he left her in the street that time, but I knew she would disagree.

When Clem cried I thought...no fair Telltale, no fair making Clem cry..and then I grabbed a tissue. :(

Add Comment