User Avatar Image

You know what? I'm sick of this.

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 836 users

All these people here who go around saying "all I care about is survival" and "I hope this guy dies and I don"t care" and other things like, just, fuck 'em.
On the TV show, Dale's death hit me so goddamn hard. "Losing our humanity, that's a choice". When Dale died, those words really drove home with me. So you know what? I'm nice to everyone. I save everyone. I care about everyone. and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn into fucking Shane Walsh(asshole) and drop a salt lick on a living man's head, kill a man after I broke his entire life, Force a man to shoot his own son, agree with a crazed bitch, or let Ben die because of fucking goddamn Kenny. I'm sick of Kenny. Ben does not deserve to die. And I'll kill off every walker in America before I let Doug die for nothing. I'm done with this "Survival of the fittest" shit. We keep our humanity.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CapnJay said: I stood by Kenny until the meat locker. I killed the St. Johns. I put Duck down since no father should ever have to endure that. I've been honest to Clementine. {she's not stupid} I've fought hard for my team even Ben. I didn't let him die when I had the chance. Now That Son of A Bitch who has Clem is about to see what happens when you face down a Team and I'll know that when i'm gone Clem will be safe

My playthrough looks similar to yours. Some people said that episode 4 was darker than episode 3, but for me, it was much more positive. Chuck died saving people, so kudos to him. He was an alright guy. Lee took charge, kept people alive when he could. He got a doctor for Omid, so even Omid gets a reprieve. Kenny was able to pull himself together to put down the zombie kid and work on the boat. At the end with people knowing Lee's bitten, they've pulled together to save Clem. Even Ben decided he's going to try again for her.

Kenny stayed behind to work on the boat, which is great. There's someone working on the escape plan, and everyone else is going to get Clem back. (I'm actually a bit worried about people who take everyone, and leave no one behind to work on escape, but hopefully I'm wrong, and taking everyone is the "best" route.)

Sure, everyone will probably die, but there's a lot of humanity left. So for the OP, the survival of the fittest people are already the walking dead. Don't join them.

Team humanity to the end! And yes, humanity doesn't stop people from dying. It just means that there was a quality of life and satisfaction staying alive a bit longer, whereas the survival of the fittest people might as well just give up. (Look at Crawford. All survival of the fittest did was make them miserable before they died anyway.)

• @IndigoHawk said: My playthrough looks similar to yours. Some people said that episode 4 was darker than episode 3, but for me, it was much more positive. Chuck died saving people, so kudos to him. He was an alright guy. Lee took charge, kept people alive when he could. He got a doctor for Omid, so even Omid gets a reprieve. Kenny was able to pull himself together to put down the zombie kid and work on the boat. At the end with people knowing Lee's bitten, they've pulled together to save Clem. Even Ben decided he's going to try again for her.

Kenny stayed behind to work on the boat, which is great. There's someone working on the escape plan, and everyone else is going to get Clem back. (I'm actually a bit worried about people who take everyone, and leave no one behind to work on escape, but hopefully I'm wrong, and taking everyone is the "best" route.)

Sure, everyone will probably die, but there's a lot of humanity left. So for the OP, the survival of the fittest people are already the walking dead. Don't join them.

Team humanity to the end! And yes, humanity doesn't stop people from dying. It just means that there was a quality of life and satisfaction staying alive a bit longer, whereas the survival of the fittest people might as well just give up. (Look at Crawford. All survival of the fittest did was make them miserable before they died anyway.)

There's room on my boat for you

• Personally, I think that the ZA is the last time you need to worry about being "humane". The living HAVE to adapt. There is no choice. Those who can't stomach killing walkers, will get eaten.

It is morals, ethics and societal norms that I think you guys are talking about...not humanity. The core of humanity is being human, living....or surviving...without that there is no such thing.

Someone can go off and forget their manners and morals but that doesn't make them less human. Makes them deviant. BUT if the majority of the population shifts and deviance is the new norm......whole different problem.

• We're all dead (wo)men walking anyway. The chances of any one of us getting out alive is abysmal. Even assuming there's an end to the infected areas, what happens when we go to a "clean" place (if there even is one in TWD universe)? One accident, one death from us that doesn't take care of the brain and it's all repeated again. If we're not "put down" or whisked away immediately.

Let's face it, survival is a pipe dream for most people. I'll do my damnedest to make Clem that one exception...but when it comes to me, I'm not holding out hope. And if I'm going to die, I might as well die as someone I can be proud of.

• If you just **adapt** to this new apocalyptic environment, you'll end up as the governor, maybe even worse. The walking dead is about how people would react when the world goes to hell, and how they must live fighting to keep their humanity/soul/morals intact, that's what I like about TWD.

• The only people with humanity anymore are Christa, Omid, and maybe Clem. Everyone else who has retained any semblance of humanity is dead. Kenny started losing his when he killed Larry and lost the rest with Kat and Duck dying. Lilly didn't seem to have ANY until after Larry died, but that was quickly lost when she murdered another member of the group.

• I'm a fairly pragmatic person.... I think survival is important.... in fact the most important thing.

But I also saved Ben.

Survival's important, but so is your humanity. Otherwise, you're not really alive, blood pumping, sure, but... not human. It's possible to balance the two.

• I agree that you can be a survivor and still have humanity. To say you would just discard it like a sack of rocks is a testament to me wanting to not be around you in a ZA.

To become an animal that would kill, steal, rape and injure without a thought is what it would be like to lose that humanity aspect and you would be no better than a walker.

Just to be clear on my position, humanity and survival are two different things. Humanity allows you to relate to, care for and feel for someone else, it doesn't mean you'd charge blindly into 30+ walkers to save one person who you don't know or otherwise make stupid choices that would compromise you or your group.

Add Comment