User Avatar Image

Okay TellTale is so cruel to be honest

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 267 users

Okay after an hour of my first play of Ep 4 I felt really sick in my stomach letting Ben die like that just because of a personal vendetta the group and myself had with him.

did anybody else feel that way afterwards?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes he did grow a set, I was glad but his timing was shit! I mean really?? During a harrowing escape he wants to come clean? It wouldn't have been my choice to break the bad news.

• @Rock114 said: I didn't want revenge when I dropped him. He said he wanted me to save the others, and Kenny even nodded.

When was all this? I see people referencing these two events all the time. In my play-through I was alone with Ben atop the bell tower. Got no nod or no self-sacrificing moment really.

• Good thing I pulled him up ^.^

I'll be honest, I like Ben. I was barely even mad when he confessed in Episode 3.

Plus, you people seriously murdered Clementine's only sort-of-a-kid friend? YOU ARE ALL MONSTERS.

• @Joshua1991 said: Okay after an hour of my first play of Ep 4 I felt really sick in my stomach letting Ben die like that just because of a personal vendetta the group and myself had with him.

did anybody else feel that way afterwards?

This is why Im glad I didnt drop him. I dont understand how people can feel happy about getting revenge on a kid who already feels bad. Where is the vindication in that?

• I didnt even shoot the bell zombie...help bandits? yeah ok maybe lack of judgement, he's young and trying to help the group. Leave Clem to die in the streets? ok this guy is a liability...OPEN THE DOOR WITH ZOMBIES BEHIND IT?! yeah tough choice.

• I saved Ben, pissed me off having to save him again due to his incompetence

and im someone who killed Jolene, Danny and Andy and told the mystery guy id kill him at every possible time (including, nay, ESPECIALLY the last time and I WILL kill him)

• I tried to shoot Ben in the head in the belltower. He left Clem in streets..after that it didn't matter what he did; he was a dead man.

• If you tell him to do it when he starts to confess, he will choose to come with you instead of you having to confess, or atleast he did for me, that bit in EP3 when you asked him again at the train if he did it probably is a factor aswell.

• Ben is an idiot. He's made more mistakes in a few days than most people do in a lifetime. So I figure maybe he won't make another mistake for the rest of his life. I saved him. The living are a valuable commodity now.

• @LokiHavok said: When was all this? I see people referencing these two events all the time. In my play-through I was alone with Ben atop the bell tower. Got no nod or no self-sacrificing moment really.

When Lee grabs Ben and asks him to climb up, Ben says "no" and tells Lee that he can't be saved. Ben continues on to say Lee needs to drop him so that he can get the rest of the group out of there and back to the house. Then, Kenny calls Lee's name and when Lee looks back Kenny gives him a little nod saying "do it, he doesn't deserve to live. It's OK." All of that is BEFORE you are actually given the choice.

Add Comment