User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think Lilly would have been quite an asset to have with the group in Episode 4, especially in Crawford. I know in my game as well she probably would have been the first person to volunteer in looking for Clem. Even with Lee's bite. Lilly seemed to be one of the people in the group to really care for Clementine, no matter who's side you were on.

• @skepticalguy90 said: I don't think she walks out of the prison fwiw.

She's not confirmed dead... so nobody knows for now.

• Lilly was badass enough to make it to woodbury from the side of the road, at night, with walkers around....

.....I don't see her dying there.....

• @DreadMagus said: Lilly was badass enough to make it to woodbury from the side of the road, at night, with walkers around....

.....I don't see her dying there.....

I'm sure none of us saw Carley getting shot on the side of the road like that either.

Then again, she MIGHT make it out... but the situation looked pretty screwed when they ran out of ammo.

• I scanned through the book quickly. There is no mentioning of Lee, Clementine, Kenny, Doug or Carley. Even if this Lilly Caul is the same Lilly as the one in the game, there is absolutely no mentioning of the events that happened in the game. I will have to read it in order to confirm for sure.

Has anyone read the book?

• Well..... crap.

Does it directly contradict the game?

• I read the first two chapters and nope, not the same lily at all. I am disappoint.

and yes, it directly contradicts it.

• User Avatar Image
    mz3

I think she come back in next season

• Well it doesn't really matter. Consider both the game and the book Lilly the comic book Lilly.
    When ep.1 was released Lilly was promoted as a character from the comic book. It was only later when Kirkman apparently decided to tell Lilly's story on his own.
    Still Telltale said the story of the episodes were done long before they made them, so the Lilly in game was created to be the same Lilly that ends up in the comic book. During the time they were making her character, that was the plan. I guess we now have two versions of Lilly.
    Damn....
    I would really love to see a red post there.

• @CupcakeUnicorn said: I read the first two chapters and nope, not the same lily at all. I am disappoint.

and yes, it directly contradicts it.

:( :mad: I guessed as much but I was really hoping I was going to be pleasantly surprised.Personally, I really think that it's a dick move by Kirkman to give the go ahead to Telltale but to decide later "hmm Lilly,that's given me an idea, I'll write her back story myself".I heard that he said in a interview that it remained to be seen if it's the same Lilly(when he already knew that she wasn't!)

While I dislike it,and my enthusiasm for the book has thus diminished, I can understand why he couldn't and didn't continue game Lilly's story.He would either have to choose a canon choice from the game or just start the book with Lilly on her own and keep her background a mystery.Continuing from the side of a road would be fine for players of the game but other readers would find it very lacking and would want to know more about her past.

I suppose it's now up to the individual to decide which Lilly origin they prefer but it can also mean that Telltale have more freedom to do something else in the future with their Lilly(if they want to).

Damn it!

Add Comment