User Avatar Image

So, About Ben...

posted by SabreNation on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Was there anyone else out there like me who has been saying again and again that they'd off that little bastard if they got a chance but then couldn't "pull the trigger" when the time came?

I know I've wanted to kill the little puke since Carly died (I had a hunch right away that he was behind the stolen stuff.) When he finally admitted it I REALLY wanted to kill him. Then the punk failed miserably at what should've been an easy task of watching after Clementine. I was so ready to kill him.

However, when the opportunity arose... I couldn't do it. I just couldn't bring myself to kill a person when the opportunity was there to save him.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Actually, you feel how most people felt.

• I forgave Ben for his choice to steal supplies and give them away but I did want to kill him the moment he left Clem in that situation.

After I got a chance to speak to him and he said he "panicked" I remembered he was a kid and decided that I'd never leave him in charge of anything important again for some time, especially watching Clem.

I also choose not to drop him, I still think it is the wrong thing to do, he never directly killed anyone. I think regardless of Ben and the supplies, that gang was going to hit us anyway, who is to say which time would've been better or resulted in anything much different?

• I had planned on giving Ben a bad end... and if I hadn't been hit with a bug I would have.

But, thanks to the bug I had to replay episodes 1-3 again, and after doing so I came to the conclusion he was just a dumb kid. So by the time I get into Episode 4 I didn't have any anger to focus on him.

• yep, i backed down as well.

• I don't blame him for Carley's death...that was the sole action of the person pulling the trigger. Should he have confessed at gunpoint? Why? Everone saw Lily was a bit unhinged. When I played that scene I kept picking things I thought would help defuse things, but Lily shot anyway, with no proof, no evidence, just a desire for vegence since her dad had died. Ben to me is just a kid who saw his friends all die (not that the others haven't) but is not well equipped to handle it

I guess my view is if Clem is a daughter figure, Ben is a little brother.

• I didn't blame him for Doug's death because Lilly actually shoots Ben not Doug and Doug sacrifices himself for Ben
    Ben may be a massive problem but I need someone to sacrifice in episode 5

• @binkman71 said: I don't blame him for Carley's death...that was the sole action of the person pulling the trigger. Should he have confessed at gunpoint? Why? Everone saw Lily was a bit unhinged. When I played that scene I kept picking things I thought would help defuse things, but Lily shot anyway, with no proof, no evidence, just a desire for vegence since her dad had died. Ben to me is just a kid who saw his friends all die (not that the others haven't) but is not well equipped to handle it

I guess my view is if Clem is a daughter figure, Ben is a little brother.

Considering Carley had literally NOTHING to do with her dad dying, I don't think it was vengeance. I think it was more "OH MY GOD SHE CALLED ME A BITCH".

Which is exactly why I left that bitch on the side of the road.

• I dont know why I couldnt kill him in the end. He makes such god awful decisions and he's such a pathetic whiny teenager but I didnt want him to die.

Katja, Duck, Chuck and Carly (for my game) all died pretty much directly because of his actions.

• You didn't kill him because you're smart. Smart people don't kill other people just because they "don't like him". Congratulations, you have a little humanity left.

• I don't think Ben's to blame fully for Carley's death, yes, I know he was dealing with the bandits that eventually led them to leave the Travelier Motel in the first place.

Carley could of easily escaped being murdered intentionally by Lilly if she hadn't started being a bitch and began flaming her... Carley, in my opinion, had what was coming to her throughout the whole RV scene (no, I'm not being biased).

While everyone thinks Carley was trying to diffuse the situation, she really wasn't, more like raising the aggression in the argument.

Add Comment