User Avatar Image

What did you say to vernon in the end

posted by hamzie on - last edited - Viewed by 787 users

I told him id think about it just because saying walk away vernon seemed harsh to me after all the help

plus i wanted clems input but i never got the chance to ask :/

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I happily told him off. I've been a great guardian for Clem. Seriously, why does every single newcomer question my abilities to protect her?

• I had no problem with the "Walk Away" option, the discussion only escalated when Vernon went into jerk mode about how sure he was that Clem was far worse off with me than with him. And that he claimed Clem would be "safe" with his group or that his group took care of children before? Where are his group's children now and where and what is this "safe" place where elderly people and children will be perfectly fine?

I think his request was totally inappropriate, I don't know enough about his group's abilities or their personalities to entrust a pet cat to them but he gets upset if I refuse to hand Clem to him? LOL, Vernon. He can have Ben as a consolation prize. Pity, I thought he was okay up until that moment.

• After all his help - I decided to be diplomatic.

• After all he did for me, I decided to tell him I'd think about it.

Of course I didnt agree with the idea, but there was no option to tell him off gently anyway. The 'walk away' scene is a bit...aggressive, despite Vernon being a bit of a douche.

• Vernon couldn't even protect his friend and patient that he's known for years. So no thanks Vernon.

• I told him i'd think about it with the full intention of telling him no, but now I would say yes with the absense of any other option.

But only with no other option, I'd honestly feel better entrusting her to Ben as sad as it is before entrusting her to Vernon...atleast I know Ben...

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: I'd honestly feel better entrusting her to Ben as sad as it is before entrusting her to Vernon...atleast I know Ben...

Exactly.. you know ben!!!!
    this is the ben who leaves clementine all the time :p

• I felt like crap for dropping Ben at the time, and Kenny started pissing me off with his whole "killing Ben was right" thing, so I told Vernon to walk away. The last thing I needed was him kicking me when I'm already down by saying "you can't even take care of Clem. I'm some random stranger you met in the sewers, and even I could do better than you" line. I told him to walk away, because he had no idea what she and I had been through to get to Savannah.

• @hamzie said: I told him id think about it just because saying walk away vernon seemed harsh to me after all the help

plus i wanted clems input but i never got the chance to ask :/

I couldn't believe he'd talk to me like that. I consoled him after Brie died. I nearly got mugged by a z in the alley when i went back for the doc's info to help save Omid. I told him to bugger off.

• [quote=swebonny;697279]vernon couldn't even protect his friend and patient that he's known for years. So no thanks vernon.[/quote]

boom!!

Add Comment