User Avatar Image

A Ton of possibilities with how Episode 4 ended

posted by Keyalha on - last edited - Viewed by 391 users

With the split of who is with you or not there are so much possibilites i just hope telltale pulls it off!

How are your thoughts about it just have the feeling in the back of my head that this is either complete epicness or a total complete and utter trainwreck, i dont think there is any grey area in between.

What are your thoughts on this?

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alanz said: I thought it was an excellent set up for the finale, the re-play value of the episode will be huge!

Unfortunately, there's a huge possibility it won't be.

TTG really needs to juice the interactions between both Lee and the other characters, and between the characters themselves to make the differences between the various search parties meaningful. If most of the interactions are between Lee and the OCs, and the locations stay very similar, then the mix of the parties won't be very interesting.

• @Sir Fruitcakes said: As I have said 3 times now, if Ben is the only one who is alive come the end I am going to laugh hysterically for a hour or two, then realise how fortunate it was of me to spare him if he isn't the reason we're all dead, wont regret saving him though.

Keep Ben around in case you need to 'Otis him'.

• It was pretty exciting seeing that the ending could be split, what, six different ways? It'll be interesting to see how my playthrough with the whole group with me differs from someone who has Lee go it alone. And they cleverly denied us a trailer for next game so we have no idea what to expect. Well played, Telltale.

• @KCohere said: It was pretty exciting seeing that the ending could be split, what, six different ways? It'll be interesting to see how my playthrough with the whole group with me differs from someone who has Lee go it alone. And they cleverly denied us a trailer for next game so we have no idea what to expect. Well played, Telltale.

I think it was 8, actually.

• I have this strange feeling it won't matter.

You'll get split from the group early on and have to go alone.

• @Rock114 said: I think it was 8, actually.

Okay. I was trying to recall it exactly. Thanks.

• I don't see how TellTale will pull out 8 different beginnings without the group abandoning you or everyone else coming back to help you cuz they feel guilty.

• @DreadMagus said: I have this strange feeling it won't matter.

Yeah--from TTG's pov it might make sense to have Lee go on a couple of side quests alone for part of the episode. Still, if they're working along the lines of the spoke diagram I described previously, it's not that hard to do 8 different groups. You just can't afford to have characters interacting with each other. One scenario will have Lee required to explore an area and as we've often seen, other people will be sitting quietly in one place. It doesn't take much code to make it one person over there by the tree versus having two people there. Lee can go over and talk to both, independently, the way he always does, or if your scenario has a smaller group, he'll just have one (or even no) person to talk with. TTG just writes in the two character interaction, then subtracts one or both depending on who is in your search party.

The only way TTG can make these various groups generate different stories is if it does things like have Lee have to kill, say, Kenny, if Kenny's in your search party, because Kenny's endangering the group (or something). That way, if Kenny came with you, your story is 'Oh, and then when we were at the hospital, Kenny endangered the group, and I had to kill him'. If Kenny wasn't in my group, I'd have a very different story to tell you, even though everything else might have been very similar, since I would also have gone to the hospital.

• @DreadMagus said: I have this strange feeling it won't matter.

That's not that what matters, it's what people are going to be around you, by the time you die, those last moments will create the ending.

• @Keyalha said: I am also stoked about it just have small fears that it ends in a trainwreck.

Im fine with lee dying if the circumstances are resonable im even fine with clem dying ( altho i hope it does not happen ), i cant point the finger on it but i might be paranoid they pull a mass effect 3 on it.

Please telltale dont pull an mass effect 3 on this.

its called the Mass Effect Affect :D

Add Comment