User Avatar Image

Kirkman on bites

posted by AceStarr on - last edited - Viewed by 924 users

I Decided to look it up this what i found not sure if its true but it says they quoting Kirkman on the bites and turning into a zombie.

Robert Kirkman wrote:
The rule is: WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."[3]

So if Lee does not get a fever or have lots of blood loss he wont become a zombie.

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sing with the horses 3 post Gonzo... you'll understand then... promise...

• TheGonza, your pic almost made me crap my pants!! too funny my friend.

It is what I've been trying to say all along, you cannot compare a "zombie" virus or contagion to anything we know today, imagine if it happened now, would I run to the drug store for penicillin? No!!

Another good topic brought up is the decomposition of the walkers (or "dead") as we know them...what truly makes them dead? It was confirmed that brain functions resume and the primal desire to eat is everything, what I don't get is why don't we see "walker crap"? You would think an walker legion would crap quit regularly since they eat all the time, right?

Maybe the eating is what helps replenish their bodies with fluids and keeps them from rotting to the bones. I know there are flaws in this but if their metabolism is slowed down, maybe eating half of what one of us needs will suffice?

• @Degenerate10 said: What if you pour bleach on it immediately?

Then you'd die of bleach poisoning. :P

• @adontimasu said: Then you'd die of bleach poisoning. :P

Surely he meant cleaning alcohol and not bleach... and that hurts like a sonova!

• @Demonseed said: TheGonza, your pic almost made me crap my pants!! too funny my friend.

It is what I've been trying to say all along, you cannot compare a "zombie" virus or contagion to anything we know today, imagine if it happened now, would I run to the drug store for penicillin? No!!

Another good topic brought up is the decomposition of the walkers (or "dead") as we know them...what truly makes them dead? It was confirmed that brain functions resume and the primal desire to eat is everything, what I don't get is why don't we see "walker crap"? You would think an walker legion would crap quit regularly since they eat all the time, right?

Maybe the eating is what helps replenish their bodies with fluids and keeps them from rotting to the bones. I know there are flaws in this but if their metabolism is slowed down, maybe eating half of what one of us needs will suffice?

Read the "Zombie Survival Guide" for answers.

• @Rock114 said: Read the "Zombie Survival Guide" for answers.

I did and also read World War Z...both very good and two different spins on what and how the zombies make it. In both they freeze in the cold and eventually die, but that was another author......

So I'm saying you cannot take one book and apply it to another genre, plain and simple.

• @TheGonza said: This Thread is hillarious......quoting doctors for zombie bite advice LMFAO

...keep goin

wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_K

This pretty much explains my feelings for this forum at the moment.

If you are someone in the zombie apocalypse and you have not come to terms with the fact that you will very likely get bitten, you are a fool.

• Its wrong to see the bite=death as a mere case of normal infection from
    The bite causing death.

It has to be something that kickstarts the dormant virus.

Else it does not mesh with the story.

Think about it, a komodo bite is not 100 percent lethal. It is also treatable. And can take quite a while for someone to succumb to. All doesnt fit with the lore

And at the break out? Fresh zombies would have a bite with low infection chance and easily treatable with medical infrastructure still intact. Bite/scratch is already a slow vector to spread a virus...but in this case the apocalypse would never really get started.

• @FollowLilly said: "successfully treated the patients homeopathically"
    ya... you might want to check your source there

Who knows, maybe homeopathic remedy's work on zombies, afterall both the effects of zombie bites and the advertised effects of homeopathic treatments are equally fictional. :D

• @Demonseed said: TheGonza, your pic almost made me crap my pants!! too funny my friend.

Walkers don't digest the food they eat, they just let the meat rot inside of them. Anyway, in the comics we have seen plenty of walkers that are highly decomposed, to the point they can barely move.

Add Comment